skinny fat

Options
I'm 5 ft 0 , 110lbs. Do I need to keep losing weight or do something to tone up? My stomache is still big. Please suggest how to tone up at home? I have some dumb bells but thats it.

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 0 , 110lbs. Do I need to keep losing weight or do something to tone up? My stomache is still big. Please suggest how to tone up at home? I have some dumb bells but thats it.

Crunches, pilates...try blogilates.com (Cassey Ho is amazing). I saw a dramatic difference between before I did the beginner workout calendar and after...she makes it fun, incorporates rest days and recipes. If you think you could get into Pilates, it's one of the best things I've ever done.
    http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2013/06/03/beginners-calendar-for-popsters-just-starting-out/

I also started doing pole dance and that has been fun for me. I can't stand weights/machines so I found another way to tone up. My biceps are sick.
  • peachmagic
    peachmagic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've always had this problem too even when I was actually thin! I'm hoping I'll be able to lose the weight and tone up this time around.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You need to strength train.

Pole dancing is one option, but not everyone likes that or can do it.

Lifting free weights, doing compound moves is very effective and basic. There are also machines, but they can only take you so far. Machines isolate the muscles, and do not work your stabilizing muscles.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    sorry wrong thread...
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Check out nerd fitness. They have a great body weight routine.

I haven't read it personally, but have heard good things about the book "You Are Your Own Gym".
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    ah i have the same problem, but i carry most of my weight in my thighs and bum.

i'm 5ft too, just a few pounds less and still face the skinny fat dilemma. honestly if i used strength training more often, and did yoga every day i'd probably see some tightening and toning. a little bit of cardio doesnt hurt either, walking every day or running a few times a week. but really you wanna focus on using strength training, look into that! i know i need to
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    You need to strength train.

Pole dancing is one option, but not everyone likes that or can do it.

Lifting free weights, doing compound moves is very effective and basic. There are also machines, but they can only take you so far. Machines isolate the muscles, and do not work your stabilizing muscles.

^^ This.

Also check out the thread linked by another poster, lots of good info.