Mio Link vs. Polar FT4 with chest strap

Options
Does anyone have a review of either of these hrms? I like the idea of the Mio Link not having a chest strap, but the reviews online are mixed. I know a lot of people like using the Polar FT4. I exercise by walking while pushing my kids in a double stroller and doing work out dvds at home. I have a New Balance hrm right now but I have to pause to take a heart rate reading so I do not think it's very accurate.

Replies

• panthur
    panthur Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump! I am wondering this too, have been considering the Polar H7.
  • sapphies
    sapphies Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Mio Link for about a month. It's pretty accurate. I tested with the HRM on the treadmill etc and with another HRM/chest strap combo. They are with in a few points of each other.
  • liddylee
    liddylee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a Mio, bought one of the first ones out. I think its great but its not suitable for certain types of exercises. Anything that requires on ton of movement (specifically twisting in the wrist area) causes the HRM to lose your heart rate and it takes about 20-30 seconds after you stop that twisting type movement to 'find' your correct HR.

So its great for running (outdoors or treadmill) or my spin class... but I can't wear it during weight lifting or tennis.

In terms of accuracy is pretty close, within a few beats, of my Garmin HRM. Hope that helps!
  • London1990
    London1990 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the polar ft4. It's the only hrm I've ever bought so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I'm really happy with it. The chest strap sits just below my sports bra so I don't even notice it, and the results seem pretty accurate.