Hi...

Options
I'm Ellen, and I'm looking to lose about 25 lbs. I have had trouble finding the motivation. I have gained this weight over the past 1.5 years since I started medical school and met my current boyfriend, Neil. Turns out that watching movies (ahem... studying) all day and making dinner and falling in love and lazing around without working out does NOT, in fact, keep you as skinny as you once were. It's time to change that. I've been working out for about a month now, and I have not lost any weight. TIME TO GET STARTED. Hopefully this site can help me do that!

Replies

• theatr3geek
    Options
    Hi Ellen! Good luck with your journey :) Feel free to add me!
  • lottolin
    lottolin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Lina. I started using this site about a month ago, and I'm loving it! My boyfriend is really good at supporting me on this and I'm feeling great. I want to lose about 40 lbs in the long run. I've lost about 4 lbs. I'm taking it slow. It's amazing to me just how many calories I was consuming every day before I actually started counting them. Good luck on your goal! :smile:
  • tnmomof4
    Options
    Hi Ellen, this is a great site. Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • teachdeaf09
    Options
    Hi! You sound a lot like me. Marriage (2.5 years to date) and stress (trying to teach full time and go to school *basically* full time) have helped me add about 15 extra pounds. Its time to lose the pounds and get a better lifestyle! I also started today. Add me, maybe we can encourage each other!!
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi Ellen, I am here to support you as much as you need. I might suggest that working out alone is not enough you have to watch what you eat too. I want you to feel free to add me also if you would like to. Good luck and remember that we are all in this together and we are all here for you. I have only been a member for about 2 weeks and I am loving all the support and encouragement from this site. Everyone is just wonderful and non-judgemental.