Hi. Introducing myself...

Options
I have NEVER been in shape in my life. All through high school and college I was always about 10-20 lbs overweight and when I worried about it, my unathletic friends and parents would say it didn't matter and I was worrying about nothing. It wasn't until I joimed the Army that I was forced to lose weight. After training I wasn't overweight anymore but I was just skinny with no muscles. Many people don't realize that the Army and Marine basic are only effective weightloss not muscle building. I actually could do 50-60 consecutive pushups before Basic and immediately after this number went down to 45 max.

Anyways, 3 years passed in the Army. I gained weight again. We exercised everyday but because every night I ate pizza and whatever I wanted it didnt even matter that we worked out. When I was weighing 200 lbs is when I realized I had a problem.

I got out of the Army and started working out more and in a way that made sense. So many fat people giving fitness advice in the Army. My heart rate resting went down. My cholesterol went down. I was complemented on my weightloss by a few people but now I am ready to take it to the next level.

Went to the beach with some hot girl I met this summer near Cancun. Lots of people in great shape here and she made a comment several times that I was fat indiectly. So this really did hurt my feelings because of course I liked her and fat is not part of the image I want to be for myself. So now I have quite a lot of motivation to get in shape.

I know I can do this. I just need to be disciplined, have good habits, find the right foods to control my appetite, etc.

So now I try to run 4 miles a day.
Day1: regular and daimond pushups, running
Day2: curls, pullups, running
Day3: squats, crunches, running
Repeat.

I think I am seeing a tiny bit of results but it has only been a week since I started on the plan.

I try to keep under1300 calories INCLUDING a deduction of calories for my run but I have lapsed quite a few times so far and have eaten maybe 1900 - 2000 cals a day according to MFP. Im taking my TDEE as 2100 cals.

I feel ashamed that I screwed up the last few days but its only more motivation to get it right today. I can do it. I believe I can do it now its just time to take action to back it up.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat more. 1300 is not enough.
    We all screw up. We are all learning how to do this.
  • timanonymous
    Options

This is what I have been thinking too. I don't want to push so hard that I fail everyday.

I think I might bring it up to 1600 when I go back to college next month full time just because I anticipate having more stress during that time.
  • BlondeButtercup127
    BlondeButtercup127 Posts: 750 Member
    Options

This.
    Good luck!! :drinker:
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    No offense but I hope you got rid of the 'hot girl'. She doesn't sound like a very nice person at all.
  • timanonymous
    Options
    No offense but I hope you got rid of the 'hot girl'. She doesn't sound like a very nice person at all.

We went on a snorkling and sailing tour together that I paid for and she was flirting with some ripped guy on the boat.

Yes, of course I'm through with her.

I only mentioned her because the beach has been a wake up call for me.