Woooooo! BOOTY!

Options

Replies

• Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Whooo Booty!! Squat it likes it hot Baby Girl, and enjoy the "Whooo Booties"...lol!!
  • jstockler
    jstockler Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    which walmart?
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You've been objectified.

That was my thought. MFP is a strange and unusual place.

Seconded.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

tumblr_m0w9frDouN1r0ufaco1_250.gif

Exactly - I don't feel I was objectified, nor do I feel I was "verbally molested." Gaaaahhhh... I suppose it would have been more gentlemanly if they had pulled up along side me and said, "Excuse me, Maam. We just wanted to take a moment out of our day to compliment you on your back side. It's very pleasing to our eyes. We appreciate it."

But I think they were too busy getting somewhere to do this.

To each his own, I suppose. I'm 41. Waaaayyyy too old to be getting into arguments with strangers on the internet.

Oh - and to those of you who "get" this - thanks.

To the rest...read my shirt. Pretty much that.
  • Fat2Fit2Fineee
    Options

635282581858204379RamonaBuzzkill.gif
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great story!
  • mschwei1
    mschwei1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Exactly - I don't feel I was objectified, nor do I feel I was "verbally molested." Gaaaahhhh... I suppose it would have been more gentlemanly if they had pulled up along side me and said, "Excuse me, Maam. We just wanted to take a moment out of our day to compliment you on your back side. It's very pleasing to our eyes. We appreciate it."

I think that this spectacularly misses the point. I object to 1) the sexual objectification of a woman and 2) the celebration of that by you and others on this thread. It is not the language used. More polite language would not change the misogyny.

It does raise an interesting point. How do posters on MFP challenge misogyny without detracting from the achievements of those celebrating a success?
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like a few people on here are jealous that they haven't received such "objectification" from others. If it makes you feel good than I am happy for you. What woman doesn't like to know that someone has "checked her out" once in a while, especially if you have went most of your life without that kind of attention.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I want to lose some of mine. I've got too much :frown:
    Can you pass some of that this way? I'm...lacking.

And to the OP, you effin go girl. It's all about your perception and what makes you feel good! :drinker:
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options

I think that this spectacularly misses the point. I object to 1) the sexual objectification of a woman and 2) the celebration of that by you and others on this thread. It is not the language used. More polite language would not change the misogyny.

It does raise an interesting point. How do posters on MFP challenge misogyny without detracting from the achievements of those celebrating a success?

Oops, so when I bumped into that shirtless gorgeous man resting on a bike at the top of the hill I was being a man hater when I said,

"Well you've cheered me up"

So when he chuckled and looked me up and down he was feeling, angry and hurt about being objectified? I got that one wrong....

It will be a sad day when people can't show their appreciation of the other sex now and again with a whistle or a comment.

I used to hate it when I was a teenager, because it embarrassed me, but then it stopped.

Now I'm 43 and damn grateful so bring it on.

OP I know exactly how you feel. You resign yourself to a life of wide assed mummy ness. It's a nice surprise to be seen as a sexual creature again. I hope people understand that.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    There are many things that make me feel a sexual, attractive person. Uninvited, public, boorish, objectifying comments are not one of them.

I will bow out of the thread now, glad that I supported other posters making the same point as me and wishing I hadn't detracted from the OP's success (which I think I have, unintentionally).
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Buh-bye now.

All I know is the OP and Springfield make me look forward to being in my 40s! Holy hotpants!
  • HaidaB
    HaidaB Posts: 8
    Options
    It sounds to me like a few people on here are jealous that they haven't received such "objectification" from others. If it makes you feel good than I am happy for you. What woman doesn't like to know that someone has "checked her out" once in a while, especially if you have went most of your life without that kind of attention.

Pretty much entirely no. For some women, it's the most unwelcome part of losing weight.

How is this different to the same guys leaning out of a car and shouting at a woman that she's fat? It's just the other side of the same coin.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    This post made me smile! Great little story, and I would have felt the same - everyone likes a little ego boost from time to time. So what if a guy says 'Nice *kitten*!' Is it offensive? Maybe to some - but it's not like they were trying to do anything else, just express their appreciation of a lady's body. Be it objectification or not, it depends on how it makes YOU feel!
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options

Pretty much entirely no. For some women, it's the most unwelcome part of losing weight.

How is this different to the same guys leaning out of a car and shouting at a woman that she's fat? It's just the other side of the same coin.
    Because calling someone "fat" is usually done with the intent of causing emotional pain and negative feelings, and situations like she expressed, are not. So yeah, it is the other side of the coin...as in the opposite of negativity.

Why do you feel you have the right to come and downplay someones feel-good victory just because you don't agree with getting admiration in a less tactful way?
  • livi29
    livi29 Posts: 2
    Options
    This made me smile.
    Well done!

I hope at 41 I am in shape too :)

Keep it up
    x
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Buh-bye now.

All I know is the OP and Springfield make me look forward to being in my 40s! Holy hotpants!

Never had so much fun in my entire life. It's like going through your 20s single, but with wisdom, patience and confidence.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m76uj0H9W31rqfhi2o1_400.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!