Reheated leftovers

Options
darkrose20
darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
So...last night I had the most awesome vegetarian lasagna roll ups EVER. Tonight, I reheated them. They became the most horrible vegetarian lasagna roll ups EVER.

Some foods are better left over. Some foods are just awful left over.

What foods have you come across that are just HORRIBLE when you reheat them?

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Anything reheated in the microwave to me ends up being the worst ever. Depending on what it is that I am reheating, I may add a little water/sauce/milk to the pan and reheat either stovetop or in the oven
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Seafood of almost any kind leftover.... and it really doesn't matter how you reheat it.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Anything oven fried. I oven fry quite a few things to save on calories, but still get that crunch. But reheating does not work well.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Rice and anything bread-y
  • WelshPhil1975
    WelshPhil1975 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Chips (fries) - total write-off if reheated
  • Water_Gal
    Water_Gal Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    fettuccini alfredo (not that I eat it anymore) the sauce separates so its oily and lumpy cheese.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Fries are the worst. Eggs...eggs are worse than the worst.
  • withabandon
    withabandon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    We are currently without a microwave... I have found some leftovers are way more interesting reheated than the first time around. Kraft Dinner, for example, LOL. Pan fried with a little bit of butter and some cheddar on top... WAY better than the first time around!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Reheated potatoes :sick:
  • vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried reheating frozen pizza? It's absolutely terrible.

Also, I haven't had a microwave for almost a year (because poverty), and have found that while it takes longer and is sometimes stupidly inconvenient, reheating in the oven or on the stove can sometimes be way better than nuking it in the microwave.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Usually lasagna is AWESOME when you reheat it the next day. Maybe the fact that it was vegetarian and a roll up messed with that.

That being said, NEVER EVER reheat eggs!
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My microwave is used for popcorn and to store my bread. I have a family of 8.... what are these leftovers you speak of?
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to agree with some of the others and say fries, esp leftover ones from restaurants that were mixed in the same container with whatever meat you got with them. :sick:
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Sushi....
    Never reheat sushi
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I love all leftovers!

I don't use microwaves so usually I just take out the leftovers and put them in a sunny spot to become warm-ish, or at least room temperature. It's the bomb.

Pro tip: To keep bread from getting nasty in the microwave, put a glass of water in with it. It keeps the bread moist so it doesn't get all chewy. Especially with pizza.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Chicken. I've tried reheating it in the oven and I can't eat it. Tastes horrid.

I'm not a huge fan of leftovers to begin with, but there are a few things that are good.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Sushi....
    Never reheat sushi

That is just wrong.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I once tried to reheat a sandwich (forgot to take out lettuce and tomatoes first). BAD