Optimum Nurition, which is best?

Options
Ok I have run out of the Gold Standard 100% Whey and Lean Whey so need to order some more. Bearing in mind I am losing weight which of these is best for me as an all round drink anytime? And what are the differences between the two? I'm getting confused trying to work out what to order tomorrow

Edited to add: I know the gold standard has more flavours ;)

Replies

• monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just get the regular one, I prefer the banana one. Some like rich double chocolate (for some reason..) I find that one tastes and smells like bad hot chocolate powder.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Are you using it as a meal replacement? I just got the ON oats and whey to have for breakfast. It has oats to fill you up more. Otherwise I use the 100% gold standard
  • monolith66
    Options
    I've never heard of the term "lean" associated with whey protein. Whey protein is already lean as is, how much more leaner can it get.. not very much imo.
  • Pebblespooch
    Pebblespooch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for advice.Occasionally I just have the shake for breakfast but make it with milk those days.Otherwise I have piece of wholemeal toast with extra light soft cheese on.The website says lean whey can be enjoyed anytime and the gold standard says ideal before or after workouts
  • Pebblespooch
    Options
    According to MFP per scoop:
    Gold standard 100% whey,chocolate, is 130 calories,3 carbs,1 fat,24 protein,130 sodium and 1 sugar
    Lean whey,chocolate milkshake, is 98 calories,1 carb,1 fat,20 protein,75 sodium and 1 sugar
  • monolith66
    Options
    So you get 2 less carbs and 4 less protein and a bit less sodium, that doesn't mean that the "leaner" one can be consumed all the time nor is it any "leaner" than anything else. Even though they imply this, whey protein is not meant to be consumed around the clock like conventional food is (if that's your plan), it's a "supplement" not a replacement. It's not going to keep you satiated like real food, it's merely a way to get fast protein into your body, preferably post-workout when your body is more primed to absorb it.
  • Pebblespooch
    Options
    I thought maybe I was missing something when it said enjoy anytime. I tend to have one in the morning before I go to do the horses then depending on protein levels I may have in afternoon before or after horses. I am unable to do workouts as had ankle surgery 6months ago so need to be careful. However now I am back riding, poo picking, mucking out, grooming and generally walking around it is adding up :) I am buying two tubs from amazon in the gold standard flavours yummy
  • monolith66
    Options
    Nice, general rule of thumb across the board is not to consume more than 2 scoops per day. If you take 1 scoop in the morning and another later on that's fine, I consume my 2 scoops in one shake post-workout. Either approach is fine, enjoy your ON ;)