What's your "official" weigh day?

Options
I hop on the scale a few times a week but my official day is Saturday morning. I like to use Saturday because on Friday night I have a tendency to "cheat". Moving my official day to Saturday for the most part keeps me in check.

What's yours and why?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm only weighing myself once a month now, sometime around the 20th depending on what's going on in my life. The week-to-week fluctuations (especially as a woman) were messing with my head a little, so I decided to back off on weighing since I've been doing this long enough to know that my diet is working.
  • OldSportOldsport
    OldSportOldsport Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Friday in the morning. Unless it's the week before my period then I might weigh twice.
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Saturday a.m. before I eat anything. It's a consistent day for me. I also measure that day. I have a chart going back months with my weights/measurements. sometimes there are a few blips but it helps me see (especially the measuring! I can not stress that enough!) my actual progress over time.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday after last training week workout, pre-shower.
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my "official" weigh day, though i'll step on it throughout the week just to keep an eye on things and keep myself in check.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    My weigh is Friday which set the the way eat for my cheat days. It usually covers any food cravings I may have from the week. I have basically lost the major of my weight during the week and weekends are the fun days. I also do some form of exercise over the weekend too.
  • EATOBEY
    EATOBEY Posts: 2
    Options
    wednesday weigh-day. because it's easy to remember.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thursday AM.
  • CandiceLeeAnn
    CandiceLeeAnn Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wednesday morning is my official weigh in, but I also weigh in and record on the 25th of each month. I'm thinking of going a month scale free, but don't know if I have the ability to resist checking in weekly to make sure I'm on track!
  • FatPanda93
    Options
    Mine will be saturday morning. The reason is because I'm in a group that takes weight and measurement checks on Saturday to post on Sunday.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning
  • queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My weigh in day is on Sunday morning after I go to the bathroom. I too, weigh myself during the week just to see what it says. I use it as a tool and motivator.
  • hekate89
    hekate89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have my weigh day on wednesdays. No particular reason really. Just because it was on a wednesday i decided to really do this right and started weighing and measuring. Done it every wednesday since=)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day Monday-Friday, and just record the new lowest weight whenever it happens.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Whenever the mood strikes!
  • jnewberry81
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, at the same time. I have a FitBit Aria scale so it auto updates MFP and tracks my progress. Well worth the investment.
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day Monday-Fridat, and just record the new lowest weight whenever it happens.

Interesting method... I think I'd drive myself crazy by doing that
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I generally weigh every other day just out of curiosity, but I am trying to get in the habit of logging it every Thursday morning since most of my going out/eating out happens during the weekend. It gives me time to flush out any junk I consumed in those few days.
  • phil4v7
    phil4v7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh in on Tuesday. Knowing I'm weighing in early in the week helps keep me in check over the weekend. But Tuesday instead of Monday gives me an opportunity to drink tons of water to flush out any excess sodium I might have had over the weekend.

I do weigh daily (when I remember), but use those for tracking purpose and they don't "count".