Need friends who are eating more than 1200-1400 a day!

Options

Replies

• wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious, but what does someone else's diet have to do with you selecting them as part of your circle of friends here?
    I feel like being able to see someone's healthy progress and be inspired by the their food and activity log & the things they post is a big part of adding "friends" on this community. I am not inspired by someone who is barely eating enough for a 10 year old child to survive.

Amen Sista!
  • needrest
    needrest Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm eating a minimum of 2500 kcals/day. My focus is on building muscle.
  • kire8
    kire8 Posts: 4
    Options
    are people out there losing more by eating more?

i say stick to the highest calorie limit per day that you can eat and still lose weight. It might be slower but overall it will increase your chance of success.

If you eat less you will feel less motivated, losing weight will seem harder, you will not be as full so you will crave more food .After all, this whole process is mostly about your mental attitude so take baby steps and try not to cut so much calories from the start.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i am at 1700 at the moment. i just had ice cream.

i will never succeed on a low low calorie diet... i like food. i just dont need to like it as much as i did. now what i mean jellybean?
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious, but what does someone else's diet have to do with you selecting them as part of your circle of friends here?

Good grief, I have been wondering this for weeks! Some people get so verklempt at others' caloric intake. WGAF?
  • missh1967
    Options
    I feel like being able to see someone's healthy progress and be inspired by the their food and activity log & the things they post is a big part of adding "friends" on this community. I am not inspired by someone who is barely eating enough for a 10 year old child to survive.

Who are you to determine what's healthy or right for someone else? Everyone is different.
  • naz1234
    naz1234 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Could someone explain what TDEE is?
  • DecemberPsalm
    DecemberPsalm Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My goal is just under 1800, so I qualify :)
  • missh1967
    Options
    Good morning,

Google is your friend. https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=TDEE
  • SquashedChocolateFrog
    Options
    Good morning,

Total daily energy expended (or something along those lines) - basically it's a method of calculating your calories that takes into account all the activity you do in a day (similar to eating back MFP exercise cals, although a little more accurate using the right calculator) - basically it's your BMR, + the cals you burn off from daily activity - some people have lots of success using the TDEE method, especially if you are worried about eating back MFP exercise cals as many are or find MFP's allowance for you too low - if you pop it into google, you should be able to find some more in-depth explainations and calculators :)
  • joanna_82
    joanna_82 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

I've got about 10 more pounds to lose and my goal is set at 0,5lb a week as i'm more interested in eating regularly, healthily and in a balanced way than losing the weight quickly. So I have 1640 a day, and eat back some of my exersise calories so some days I eat about 1800.

I've lost a steady 10 pounds this way and feel great. I like having friends who are realistic about their weight loss and want to do this as part of a healthy lifestyle. So, add away!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Lots of "Hangry" folks here today! :smile:

I used to be "Hangry" when I was trying to eat 1200-1400 cals a day to lose weight. As a 5'7" Male weighing around 195 that was just pure stupidity.

I remember running then and having to quit at 3/4 mile because I had no "fuel in the tank"

Now as I eat 1800-2200 and am losing. I am happy, I feel great. I just ran a 5K the other day. I am doing pushups etc. etc. etc.

I feel that a lot of the people who eat 1200 or less are doing it that way because they truly don't know any better. There is a better way. :smile:

**Yes - I understand that there are some smaller framed people where eating 1200 is a viable and sustainable option - I do know that. :smile:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

I've got about 10 more pounds to lose and my goal is set at 0,5lb a week as i'm more interested in eating regularly, healthily and in a balanced way than losing the weight quickly. So I have 1640 a day, and eat back some of my exersise calories so some days I eat about 1800.

I've lost a steady 10 pounds this way and feel great. I like having friends who are realistic about their weight loss and want to do this as part of a healthy lifestyle. So, add away!

@joanna - Love your post!
  • deearess
    deearess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    MFP has me set at 1370, but I'm short and have a sedentary job. On the days I exercise (goal - 5x per week), I eat back about 1/2 if not a little more of those calories. I don't eat cheese sticks or (much) cereal ;) For the calories, I feel like I get a LOT of real food. If you do take a look at my diary, feel free to ask questions, because a lot of times I'll just list ingredients for things I made for a meal and if you're not vegan/gluten-free/soy-free, they may look like odd combos. But it's amazing how many processed foods can be replaced by some combinations of things that are more nutritious.
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I eat about 7200 kJ / day and eat in line with dietary guidelines, so fruit veg meat fish dairy cereals oils nuts. I'm on this journey for at least another year and have been losing about 3kg per month. I eat more if it seems like a good idea and exercise most days.

I use Vivofit and my name on GC is Polly274.

I'm always happy to have new friends who are interested in health and fitness both here and on Garmin Connect.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I eat about 7200 kJ / day and eat in line with dietary guidelines, so fruit veg meat fish dairy cereals oils nuts. I'm on this journey for at least another year and have been losing about 3kg per month. I eat more if it seems like a good idea and exercise most days.

I use Vivofit and my name on GC is Polly274.

I'm always happy to have new friends who are interested in health and fitness both here and on Garmin Connect.

7200 cals? Is that a typo? :huh:
  • missbis
    missbis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't want to shame others for their 1,200 kcals a day, but it seems ridiculous to me. They are probably doing the guided goal-setting and selected "lose 2 pounds a week." I've been doing keto and eating 1600+ and have lost 1-2 pounds a week. The 1200 calorie people seem uninformed. Feel free to add me.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm at (mostly) maintenance, and eat an average of about 1800 calories a day. Some days much more, some days much less. It really depends on how hungry I am and how active I've been (and how much junk food I've gotten into that day...). I lost a pound a week right up until I stopped, and NOW, I'm having trouble not losing any more. Getting ready to up the calories again, I think. :)

Feel free to add me (but please add with a message, otherwise I delete the request thanks to some interesting 'friends' I've ended up with in the past)
  • missladyj631
    missladyj631 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Too each their own!! Good Luck!
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1920 a day. Add me if you like.