Hot Yoga (Bikram)

Options
Hello,
I've given myself a goal of doing 40 days straight of hot yoga (Bikram yoga). I started yesterday. I don't see hot yoga as a selection for adding to exercise to my diary. Does anyone know how to add it?

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• jillyrose0711
    jillyrose0711 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    http://www.vancouverbikramyoga.com/about-bikram-yoga/bikram-yoga-calorie-calculator.html

You could use this site & then manually enter your workout calories into MFP. Any time I use something like that though, I like to subtract 15-20% of the calories it says I burned, just to be safe
  • sburiel
    sburiel Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you! :smile:
  • beachbodyproject
    beachbodyproject Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    at 5'7 150lbs I burn on average 595 cals during a 90 min advanced power flow.
  • sburiel
    Options
    Uh, is this right? It says I burned 1434 calories (that is with 25% taken off the original total)?
  • beachbodyproject
    beachbodyproject Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add that you are very good for doing 40 days in a row. (I’m very sincere on that). I am completing my 14 days in a row and I found it hard even though I practice quite a bit. You’ll discover muscles you didn't know you have. So take it easy and make sure your body has time to recover. Unlike regular yoga in a hot yoga class due to the heat you body can feel wobbly and mushy. So allow yourself to go into child's pose if your body tell you to take a break! Best of luck! Namaste!!!!
  • sburiel
    Options
    Thank you! I do take it easy if I'm not feeling well. I have a friend who has done 99 days in a row! She has been practicing for years though. I only started practicing off and on since March. I'm very serious about completing my 40 days. I'm just really tired of feeling like my body is falling apart and I always feel so good after my yoga practice!

Thank you for your advice. Namaste!! :smile:

I just wanted to add that you are very good for doing 40 days in a row. (I’m very sincere on that). I am completing my 14 days in a row and I found it hard even though I practice quite a bit. You’ll discover muscles you didn't know you have. So take it easy and make sure your body has time to recover. Unlike regular yoga in a hot yoga class due to the heat you body can feel wobbly and mushy. So allow yourself to go into child's pose if your body tell you to take a break! Best of luck! Namaste!!!!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Uh, is this right? It says I burned 1434 calories (that is with 25% taken off the original total)?
    No, that's not right.