M,42, 235lbs goal 200 :Day 1

Options
Salutations !

last year this time I decided to watch what I was eating.. It went something like this:

Breakfast: Yoplait (any flavour), black coffee.

Lunch: Soup from Whole foods(not cream based)

Dinner: Mostly I would have a steak. Red wine.Chicken, White wine.

A boat load of water while in the office.

This was simple yet very effective for me until I got down to around 206lbs at which point I hit a wall...
At the time it wasn't a big deal as had been getting good returns for minimal effort. Obviously this caviler stance on weight loss was unsustainable and once I began to go out for lunch with work M8s ( I was eating lunch solo in my office for two months) it only took what now seems like a few months to gain everything back...

So here I am trying again.. one year older and as of 0530 weighing 235lbs.

Will It work as before.. will I have the will to sustain the loss .. will I get off my *kitten* and push through the wall? only time will tell..my goal is to weigh 200 pounds in five months. This seems like a very achievable goal. So wish me luck and off we go !

Thanks for taking a moment to check in!

Think thin!

Replies

• mommyfirst77
    Options
    Awesome story! You will get there :D We are all here to support you!
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Very achievable goal. Tons of support here. Keep us posted.
  • Jalfie
    Jalfie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll do it. You sound so much like me...picking yourself up, dusting yourself off and starting all over again. But this time you're a little wiser.
    I'm 223lbs and I'm struggling to get some real short, medium, and long term goals down on paper.
    It's well known that people who set goals are more successful than those who don't so well done for that..You have a goal and you're working toward it.
    I'm cheering you on:drinker:
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    This story sounds very familiar.... similar to mine. Last year, lost 25 pounds then there was that damn wall. Poof right on my butt. So here I am again trying all over again. My goal is 20 pounds by March.... I think I Can. Good Luck to you. Keep us posted!!
  • nejohn
    nejohn Posts: 62
    Options
    Have no doubt you can do it and it's a good sensible goal too!

Looking forward to seeing how you do.... :smile:
  • narrowdoor
    narrowdoor Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Best wishes on your journey!! your goal is nicely attainable...I wouldn't cut back so much to start, work into it. A great quote I read today goes like this: gradually rehab your eating habits. Drastic changes are nearly impossible to maintain . A smarter approach , add a new nutritious food to your diet each week, and cut out one unhealthy thing each week as well. ~ Bob Harper, Taken from Ladies home Journal Magazine ~
  • Spunndaze
    Spunndaze Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks all , I look forward to making my goal, I figured I needed an easy win....something to keep me motivated ... :)
  • Spunndaze
    Spunndaze Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    narrowdoor...you pretty much nailed my philosophy on this ... I choose 200 because I did feel it was obtainable and as I stated in a previous reply ... I really wanted an "easy win" something that would have a massive effect on me mentally, so that I would be motivated to move forward smiling rather than begrudgingly.

Thanks everyone who has taken the moment to show me support!

Think thin!