What happens when you don't hit Protein Macros?

Options
What are the drawbacks of this? I do try to follow Vismal's suggestion of eating between .6-.8g of protein per lb of body weight, however while on vacation last week I wasn't able to for about 10 straight days.

When I was on WW, I was nowhere close to the 130g protein minimum I SHOULD be eating. So I'm wondering, over time, if you don't hit that protein macro, what are the affects on weight loss, strength, etc.

Thanks!

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I know a woman that caught ball cancer
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Sky-falling-cropped-300x195.jpg

Honestly just try to come close most days and don't stress over it. Also keep in mind you should calculate based on your lean body mass, not your total body weight. You don't need additional amino acids to repair stored fat.
  • chelleymae1105
    chelleymae1105 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't feel any different when I don't hit the protein macro, but when I am missing fat my body revolts.
  • Synchronicity
    Synchronicity Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Protein helps maintain muscle mass while dieting, so if you aren't getting enough, you'll lose more muscle mass than you would have lost if you are eating plenty of protein. But... the world isn't going to end and you probably aren't going to notice any negative effects. It makes a difference for body composition. Oh... and protein helps control hunger. That's pretty much it.
  • chelleymae1105
    chelleymae1105 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks all....I think that last post is the thing I'm worried about. I'm going to continue to try and up my protein to meet my macros min.