Sports Bras!

Options
Hi Ladies,

This is my first post on MFP and a necessary one. I need to get some new sports bras. I've been in denial about how big my chest is and went for a run outside yesterday in one of my old sports bras and noticed halfway through that my right boob was falling out of the bottom of the bra. It explained the looks I was getting from people who passed me and thankfully I had shirt on over the bra.

So what brands are good for us larger chested ladies? I'm looking for bras that have support and can take the impact of running and HIIT type workouts. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Replies

• LeanonLeah
    LeanonLeah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Girl, I know exactly how you feel!!!! I found some good support ones at the Running Room or the Body Armour ones at Sport Chek. It's vital to your workout. Good luck!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    It can be hard especially when you have a larger bust and smaller ribcage to find a sports bra that holds the girls and isn't too large underneath. I had the same problem as you with slippage down. I went to a local bra bar and got fitted for some. It may cost more but they are good quality and really fit everywhere properly, no pressure on my shoulders and snug under-bust. I'm not sure what kind of bra stores you may have but I would recommend looking for brands that are measured by band/cup size not just sm/med/lg etc.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have a shock absorber which is pretty good. They can be a bit pricey but worth it.

When I first started working out I didn't have the cash for a decent one so bought a store pack of two cheapy sports bras and wore them both together at the same time which worked surprising well!
  • Strongandscrappy
    Strongandscrappy Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    I just found an amazing sports bra from Victoria's Secret. I'm a 34DD and have tried many. It's called knockout by Victoria's Secret and it's the best I've ever tried. Most of my workouts are a lot of jumping around and I don't move in this bra. It's a bit pricey but I wear it everyday because it's the only sports bra that I feel comfortable in so I feel like its worth it. It's built so that there is double coverage so it's a front closure bra with a zipper closure on top of that. Look into it!
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I read an article on this. The biggest thing I took from it was big busted girls shouldn't get sports bras without a clasp. It said something like--if it's big enough to stretch over your body like that its too big to be supportive. I found a couple from Kohls that clasp in the back and they do seem to give me more support. I think maybe Champion brand?
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Champion sports bras. I get the max impact with underwire, when I can and they go up to DD or bigger. I started at DD and now am down to a C cup so I can branch out a bit with my selections but I still try to buy champion whenever they are available. I do have a tri-bra which i bought off triathlete.com and I really like it too. No underwire but it holds pretty well when swimming, cycling, running.
    Good luck!! Try on as many as possible before buying. Academy sports has a huge selection.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Look up Panache. They make sports bras as well as regular bras and advertise that they come in up to a J cup, I think?
  • alicia0412
    alicia0412 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Knockout by Victoria's Secret is amazing. They go up to a 40DDD. It's the only bra I can run in without hurting! Here's a link to it:

https://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/sports-bras/knockout-by-victorias-secret-front-close-sport-bra-vs-sport?ProductID=185679&CatalogueType=OLS
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I got some good Champion ones at Target. Supportive and comfortable, they hook in back and don't squish your boobs down. I think some of them even are convertible so you can make the straps cross in back if you want.
  • RunDomRun24
    RunDomRun24 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Juno by Moving Comfort. http://www.movingcomfort.com Seriously - nothing moves! I have a couple Fiona as well, but they have been through the dryer a few too many times, so I use them for lower impact. My two Juno bras don't get put in the dryer and they are my number one choice for running.
  • outthevalley81
    Options
    Wow thanks for sharing your tips! I'm ok with investing in a couple good ones.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    very large boobs and small ribcage here, shock absorber and panache are the best i've found for high impact activities like running, jumping, etc.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Juno by Moving Comfort. http://www.movingcomfort.com Seriously - nothing moves! I have a couple Fiona as well, but they have been through the dryer a few too many times, so I use them for lower impact. My two Juno bras don't get put in the dryer and they are my number one choice for running.

Ditto Juno
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who got an Under Armour one that has adjustable straps (I think) and a clasp closure and she loves it. She says the ladies don't move at all. She picked it up at a D*ck's sporting goods.

I recently invested in a Victoria's Secret VSX-Incredible bra (and a 2nd because clearance is a thing I can't resist). I have to put vaseline in some strange places for long runs, but it's great for keeping things in check on long runs and big hills.

I think the biggest thing is to look for a bra with a cup and band size. That's going to be much more tailored than something that comes in S/M/L/XL and it's going to have a lot more customizable support.
  • brainsndbeauty
    brainsndbeauty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Im in the Triple D's lol so I got my sports bras from lane bryant they are really good and hold a lot of support they are a little pricey though but I went when they had the semi-annual sale buy 2 get 2 free.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer the Incredible by Victoria's Secret - the underwire is padded, so its not only supportive, but also comfy. There is also the Knockout (as mentioned earlier) and Knockout Front Close, the Fabulous (the first fully adjustable sports bra) and the Standout - all high impact.
  • miriyummy
    miriyummy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a shock absorber "run". Took me an entire day to shop for a bra that doesn't make me feel like I'm dislocating my shoulders to get into and out of. This one opens at the back, the top clasp is tricky so you have to have a strategy to put it on.