Best Green Tea?

Options
I want to start drinking green tea, but I don't like the generic kind in the store. I've ever tried organic brands like Numi and I think it still tastes a little bland. I would love to get some that tastes like the green tea they serve in sushi restaurants. Anyone have a recommendation?

Replies

• yesterdayusaid2morrow
    Options
    Ever been to a tea shop? Try it!!! :) I love the Republic of Tea brand. Also, Numi Gunpowder Green is my go to caffeine source. :)
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I tried that Numi! Did you get loose or bagged? Maybe my mistake was getting the bag...
  • bas3dg0d
    bas3dg0d Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    http://www.hibiki-an.com ,
    There is another site that is imported from japan as well that a lot of my friends use, ill try to link that later.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I buy loose leaf tea online from Adagio. Definitely tastier than whats in the supermarket! I must admit I don't have much experience with higher end teas, so I don't know how it compares to others...
  • yaank
    yaank Posts: 2
    Options
    Yerba mate is a good choice if u want something pure and organic :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I want to start drinking green tea, but I don't like the generic kind in the store. I've ever tried organic brands like Numi and I think it still tastes a little bland. I would love to get some that tastes like the green tea they serve in sushi restaurants. Anyone have a recommendation?

try a place that sells loose tea (some examples: David's Teas, Teavana). The loose leaf tea will always be better than tea sold in paper tea bags. The bags affect the taste of the tea.

As for varieties often served in sushi restaurants - try sencha. It's commonly served in Japanese restaurants. (At least around here)
  • maryjo28
    maryjo28 Posts: 28
    Options
    I drink Starbucks Iced Green Tea, unsweetened. You can also buy the Tazo Zen Green Tea bags at Target and make it yourself at home.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    why don't you like ripe tea?