Alcohol

Options
I'm going out with my girlfriends tonight for the first time since I started this journey. What is better calorie-wise? White wine? Mixed drinks? I'm nervous about overindulging like I would normally. Any tips?

Replies

• ddkreimnut
    ddkreimnut Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Red wine, or vodka soda with lime. Nothing with fruit juice or syrup. Maybe run & diet coke with lime. Good luck!
  • ddkreimnut
    ddkreimnut Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Red wine, or vodka soda with lime. Nothing with fruit juice or syrup. Maybe run & diet coke with lime. Good luck! If you're anything like me, I eat more when I drink. My advise, eat before you go out, at least a snack, and drink a glass of water after every alcohol drink.
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest vodka slime as well (vodka with lime) or vodka cranberry. Things that are more just straight alcohol will have less calories (although be mindful you don't get smashed).

Really fruity and slushy drinks pack A LOT of calories so stay away from those.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    a shot of alcohol is about 100 calories, give or take, depending on what type. mix that with diet soda and you could be ok, numbers wise. sweet, beachy drinks that come with umbrellas will be several hundred calories each, and full of sugar. i have no idea about wine and most regular beers are about 125 calories, while light beer is closer to 100, for estimation purposes.

no expert, but like to drink, so i've looked in to it some.

have fun.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you want to drink. Before you go google your favorite drinks and see what the calorie count is.
    Wine spritzers are good. Some bars may even carry light coolers. You could mix your rum or rye with diet coke.
    Pre log a couple drinks and go out and have a great time.

Dont drink and drive ☆★☆★☆★☆♥
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    whatever you choose, log it and learn!
    recently I had vodka and some kind of diet drink--sprite maybe.
    I wished I'd had a beer, more filling.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    getdrunknotfat.com

Spirits / liquor are "efficient" drinks when looking for a buzz but the mixers can whack you if you don't enjoy sipping them straight.