HEAVY on A&E

Options
Is anyone watching this?? Or watched it tonight?? What did you think?

I am not anywhere close to being as overweight as the people on the show are, but it still gives me motivation that if these individuals can do it, then I can too with much less effort!

Replies

• morgaj8
    morgaj8 Posts: 34
    Options
    no but I have watched "I used to be fat" on MTV & its inspirational also
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yes it was very motivating and it made me say I will continue to exercise no matter what. I like you, am no where near the weight they are but I can identify with the frustration, emotions and wanting it so bad!
  • bobdubya
    Options
    watchin it right now
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am watching right now! It came on after Intervention, which I love. So do they go through the 6 months with these same folks? and different folks next week?
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you for posting this! I had forgotten what day it was on. I missed it, but they show it again in 20 minutes so I set the DVR. :)
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Thanks to your post, I remembered I wanted to see it.

I'm kinda glad this is on in a non-competitive style (a la Biggest Loser). People sometimes don't understand what it is really like being big and the struggles people have to deal with. It isn't always as simple as "just stop eating so much."
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am watching right now! It came on after Intervention, which I love. So do they go through the 6 months with these same folks? and different folks next week?

i'm pretty sure there are 20 total individuals so00 I'm guessing 10 episodes with 2 new people every week!
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm watching it now too. I really like the non-competitiveness of it too. I also like that if the way they have the program set up. It's very motivational. Definitely a show I'm going to try to remember to watch every week!