What's your "official" weigh day?

Options

Replies

• Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning. I weigh on other days but that is the one that gets recorded.
  • SouthPawSings
    SouthPawSings Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Friday morning, unless I had a bad week then Saturday morning lol
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Friday morning. If i have a tendency to eat more on the weekend I have the following week to make up for it.
  • bidimus
    bidimus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My scale automatically uploads results so every morning I remember to weight myself first thing is official weigh day. That's most mornings. If I forget to weigh myself first thing I don't bother until the next day so it's consistent.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, after I use the bathroom and before I drink a glass of water to take my vitamins. I jot down my Body Fat %, Body Water %, BMI and weight on a lined pad. Been doing it 6 or 7 months now. I check-in here on Thursdays. Used to be Fridays, but I was going to be out of touch one Friday, so I switched it up.

Today's numbers.

Body Fat 21.6% {down .7 for the week}
    Body Water 57.1% { - .5}
    BMI 24.3 {- .4}
    Weight 173.9 {- 2.7}

My goal weight is 176, so losing almost 3 pounds was not what I was trying to do. I'm trying to increase strength and gain muscle. Must eat more calories, or do less cardio. Or both.
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Always on a Saturday morning. This gives me a week to make up for eating too much on the weekend :)
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Mine is Saturday morning before breakfast. I weigh other times sometimes out of curiosity, but Saturday I weigh and track.
  • krivedal
    krivedal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I got in the habit of making Tuesday's my official day when I was working with a personal trainer (we met that day and he would do my monthly weight/measure on that day). It has worked as an 'average' day.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Monday is my official weigh-in day simply because I started using MFP on a Monday. I weigh daily, first thing in the mornings after using the bathroom, so I can note trends and make corrections in my eating patterns, but only record officially on Mondays.

Edited: I should note that Monday is my record day for MFP but I have an app on my phone where I record my daily weight.
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Every day. I know there will be fluctuations, but I like having all of the "data points."

This.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Mine is everyday.
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Thursday. I do not weigh between days. You can drive yourself crazy!!!! Watch for how the clothes fit -- that will tell you more than the scale
  • laflordivina
    Options
    Wednesday morning, as soon as I get out of bed. Hump day seems to be one that is easy to go with.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning,a start point for the new week :)

Although I play wiifit and it weighs you so I get sneakypeeks that way,but I dont log those
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Monday morning. It keeps me from cheating too much on my diet over the weekend.
  • Ashley6278
    Ashley6278 Posts: 46
    Options
    I weigh in on sunday, if I had a cheat or high sodium day I will wait and have a thursday weigh in.
  • Adaniel65
    Adaniel65 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Friday first thing! Gives me a whole week to recoup just in case I didn't behave the weekend before.
  • AnotherDani
    AnotherDani Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like weighing in at the beginning of the week - it helps reset me for the coming week, and also helps keep me honest over the weekend when it's most challenging for me.

I used to do Monday morning weigh ins, but now that I'm working with a dietician, my weigh in is my appointment with her, whenever it may be.
  • prosaiche
    prosaiche Posts: 29
    Options
    Every 3-4 months when I go to the doctor. No need to check every week or two weeks and freak or get too excited, especially since my weight hasn't changed in 5 years.