Workout performance is sliding

Options
I've been cutting my calories back since I have started MFP and it's been 12 days or so. The first week everything seemed normal and I was strong through all of my workouts. But now I just learned that my Net calories were not in the right range (too low)and I'm working to fix this from this point on, but I guess my real question is, when you burn a calorie deficit does your performance always go down? I'm not an athlete but I love pushing my workouts to the limits and if my performance is going to be effected by cutting my calories I just need to understand that my performance will be down for awhile. Any Insight would be helpful!!!

Replies

• melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested to know this too. My net calories have been pretty low, and I'm starting to feel like I can't push hard at the gym.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    That's why I eat my exercise calories, to make sure I have the fuel to perform.
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    I eat my calories as well and I'm actually finding more energy with each work out. I think people are too consumed with eating less on top of working out more and hurting themselves. :frown:
  • flyinmomof3
    flyinmomof3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been working out the same amount, just before I had no idea how many calories I was burning or eating. I never gained weight I just never lost it either. So I'm learning. I just logged all my activities for today and it said I burned 1675 calories from working out. Before this wouldn't have been a problem because I just would have eaten what I wanted. But now I'm trying to loose 20 pounds so I can see all of the tone I've been working on and it's just hard finding the right balance. Just today I found out what the net calories meant, so I think that will be helpful, but I was just wondering in general...when you cut your calories, does your performance always go down? Or if you eat all your workout calories do you still loose weight and have great performance?
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    In my brief experience I began exercising and tracking calories at the same time though not always as closely as I do now. Early on I found that when I missed meals (a common occurrence before starting all of this) my workouts were much harder. Once I began eating on a proper schedule and making sure it was quality food, it got easier.