Water - How many mls is a cup??

Options
From today i'm going to start drinking more water rather than tea and coffee. It says on the diary to drink 8 cups of water a day. How many mls are in a cup? I have a 50cl bottle that i will be refilling but i cant drink 8 of those a day because that would equate to 4 litres and tbh, i really dont want to spend my life on the toilet!!

Thank you! :bigsmile:

Replies

• thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    as above 250ml.

I have a 500ml bottle too and I drink at least 3 of them at work during the day and usually do a pint or two of water at home too.
  • VezNo1
    VezNo1 Posts: 83
    Options
    If you can get 1.5 litres down a day, your doing well. I have a litre bottle on my desk I try to get 1 done by lunchtime, this is easy if I have a small glass from it as soon as I get up.
  • vickilg
    Options
    30cc or 30ml = 1 oz. So a cup of 8 oz would equal 240 cc or ml.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    1 litre is = to 4 8 oz glasses ....so in order to get at least your 8 glasses of water in you need to drink 2 litres of water. I drink 4 litres because I have been told from different people that you are suppose to drink half your body weight in oz.
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Fab, thanx for all your replies! I should be able to do 1.5 - 2 litres a day.

FaeFae - You are really good doing 4 litres a day! That's impressive! :drinker:
  • geminisam
    Options
    I have a 2 litre bottle which i fill every night and pop in the fridge and i drink all that bottle a day but weather thats enough im not sure.
  • Matt_S_1978
    Options
    Also note, do not drink cold water as it makes you pee more.
  • Matt_S_1978
    Options
    Also note, do not drink cold water as it makes you pee more.
  • gjb270162
    gjb270162 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    But doesn't cold water make you burn more calories?
  • barry3652
    barry3652 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Back to the question if I drink a 50cl bottle of water how many cups do I enter in the app?
  • eleanorruth84
    eleanorruth84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A 50cl bottle is 2 cups, so if you finish the bottle enter 2 cups of water into the app :)
  • nusiax
    nusiax Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I live in Europe 1 cup is 237 ML. And 2 Liters of water is your basic 8 cups per day.

Hope this helps.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    You don't really need those 8 cups, if you eat a lot of fruits and veggies with high water content, you need less.
    Just look at this chart, if the colour is not orange or completely see-through, you are good: http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2013/10/what-the-color-of-your-urine-says-about-you-infographic/
  • TashTag
    TashTag Posts: 109
    Options
    Apparently your body has to warm the water up to a certain temp and therefore cold water burns more calories?
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Well when I tell MFP I've had a cup of water it syncs with my FitBit Dashboard & that says I've drunk 236.6ml. I try to drink 2 litres of water a day, some days I manage it, some days I don't & others days I drink more than 2 litres.