Ode to jeans...... i hate you.

Options

Replies

• tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You could write chick lit for women who hate themselves. Just wow.

What is your problem? If you have an issue with Iowa Princess why don't you message her directly, I've noticed that you consistently are quite negative with your comments towards her....NOT COOL. I cannot stand people talk crap on the internet from the safety of their computer/mobile device. I'm glad you lost weight and you "feel" the need to spread your opinion but you know what...everyone has a different journey and decides to manage that journey through different paths. It is amazing to me that a person who has lost weight would be so doggone negative to another's journey at worst that's hypocritical and at best asinine .
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I walked into a store last night and bought jeans off the rack, and not even the back of the rack for the first time in YEARS. I love this post.
  • IowaPrincess
    IowaPrincess Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: Today has been a great day :heart: :heart:
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have a dresser with the stuff that's too small organized by size. I'm in 12s right now, but I have clothes going all the way down to 4. I WILL wear them. I only try on the next one down at a time though. I got into smaller workout clothes this morning, so jeans should be soon.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    LOL - I hate to say it - but I think a LOT of women out there have wardrobes in many sizes - I know I did.

The past 15 years or so, I had basically the same wardrobe in size 6, 8, 10, and 12.

It's so damn exhausting to ride the 'weight gain/loss' ride!

If I have to be on MFP for the rest of my life to keep my weight consistent, I will!

Kudos to you for your very cool sense of humor about this journey!

And - I'm going to 'toss' a question out to the guys of MFP - do you have the same 'wardrobe' in multiple sizes?!
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I think you are my new hero! Awesome post, brilliantly written! Helped to remind me to not take this all (and myself!) too seriously!!

/hands you a daisy :)
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options

What is with this chick? Stalker much?

I for ONE loved this post! It really helps to have a sense of humor when your trying to lose weight, i know i could have used this when i gave birth three years ago and lived in nothing but leggings and nursing bras for about a year because NOTHING would fit. Your awesome keep on keeping on princess!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    For someone who has lost 83 lb., you would think you would understand where she was coming from. Haven't most of us had an eye opening moment like this before we started our own journey to a healthier lifestyle, or are you just a special snowflake who just decided to lose weight for kicks and giggles?

OP, that was hilarious and I have been, and still am there a lot with old clothing, and a bit of annoyance at how badly I let myself get before opening my eyes. I love the positivity, and humor in your post. I love the resulting determination that came from this experience to do something about it. :flowerforyou:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I recently just got rid of my "size catalog" of all old clothing. I went through and donated anything not an extreme favorite or less than a size away to a local battered women's shelter. And about a month later, I started on this journey again. Without getting rid of all that mental baggage, I don't think I would have been in the right state of mind to do this.

That being said, I've never been much of a leggings girl, but I also don't wear dresses much because my legs rub together and all that. Jeans, however, goodness. I wear jeans to work. When I switched from elastic waist to zippers, that was traumatic. But, this last time I went down a size, my waist and hips shrunk more than my muffin overhang because I feel about 20 times fatter in these jeans because of the pronounced muffin top... Ah, the nightmares we live...

Congrats on the self-knowledge and amazing sense of humor!

Hugs, C
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I cant live in leggings and work clothes the rest of my life.

I felt a lot of emotions after doing this..... disappointed in myself, angry, sad.

But I also feel excited...... because now i KNOW.

I am on my way.

No closet eating or coach binging tonight! I am going to do this
    It also gave me the idea to make myself a reward list.

Anyway just sharing my nightmare that is JEANS. :flowerforyou:

LOVED your post!! :flowerforyou:

I recently bought these things called jeggings. Horrible!!! You can do it and so can I!! Thanks for sharing and making my laugh. :happy:
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    LOL.... you guys are AWESOME!!!!
    Thanks for the :heart:
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    I decided to bump this everytime this is my struggle .....BUMP :drinker: I will fit in my jeans again!!
  • jenniferhorn87
    jenniferhorn87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's all a process, don't get discouraged. I have plenty of those jeans laying around too. You'll fit into them sooner than you think!
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Snorted at the "dreaded" muffin top. I use my jeans as a motivator. I felt like I won the lottery when I was able to finally zip and button my size 12's...and now working to get those size 10's buttoned up! :bigsmile:
  • cwilli36
    cwilli36 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You've probably expressed my feelings better than I could! I've had some bad months with my eating/exercise and can't wear any of my clothes from last summer and busted the buttons off my "larger" work pants.

Im uncomfortable in my clothing and my body to say the least. Im back! I also need support.
    ;-)
    Sometimes I think saying these things out loud help you remember your goal. We are all here with you!
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    lol! The caterpillar reference had me almost peeing myself!

I also hate jeans. I have been trying on my jeans every 10lbs to see if I can wear my skinny jeans without dying. I remember also thinking I was fat when I could fit into my size 8s. I now hate myself for that thought.
  • eguerrette
    eguerrette Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ahhh this cracked me up! Just what I needed today!

Thanks for sharing!

Keep at it you'll get there!
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    :drinker: Thanks ladies!!! i'm glad you enjoyed it.
    I will always try to laugh about my struggles...its way better than getting angry or sad.
  • KellyR72
    KellyR72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!

You know what else I hate about jeans? In one brand I can wear a size 14, but another brand I wear a size 18. Seriously? You are just killing it every day with workouts, eating right, the scale is moving in the right direction and then you get into the fitting room to try on some new jeans in the same size you have in your closet and they won't go over your butt. Do you know how that can mess with your head?! ARGH!
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    The fitting room is like those old fun houses from carnivals with the fat mirrors. I despise fitting rooms!! LOL I always take clothes home to see if they fit. If they dont I just return them :)