Motivation needed otherwise I may marry the couch

Options
Not really but it is a good friend :laugh: I am a 28 year old mom of 3 (maybe 4 but ill find out sunday on that!) Always been a 200lb kinda gal then had my 2nd kid and lost a ton of jiggle I got down to 150. Got pregnant again and only gained about 10lbs which lost after birth..got the depo and sky rocketed to about 290! Id go days without eating and id still gain weight. The day my daughter called me fat broke my heart and I realized I was an embarrassment to her.i never saw myself as how she saw Me. I dont want to be that person. I want my kids to look up to me.i want to be that beautiful girl I used to be.that I was happy to be.my life has been a roller coaster and I wanted off. I was done! My depression got so severe where id spend days on end in bed.my car recently died and ended up getting fired for lack of transportation. Now I walk or ride my bike every where and am now weighing 257. Thats huge to me. But I want to get back to where I was or even smaller.i want to be happy again.i want to be a good mom that my kids love and look up to.i do need motivation though. Ive stuck to my guns and been using this site like the bible daily! Stayed unser my calorie allotment and all. But id like to make some good friends here who can help and maybe one day id be help to them.:heart::happy:

Replies

• dulceebonita
    Options
    Hey lovely, I wish you every success in achieving your goal. Motivation is key so feel free to add me, I have spurts of motivation adn then get bored easily so would be good to have buddy to bounce off...think the last time I exercised was 3 months ago :(

I'm not sure what phone you have but one thing that has helped me is syncing this with an exercise app. I use Runkeeper but there are so many to choose from!

Stay strong and keep moving towards your goal. You kids will love you now matter what size you are, but you have to be happy with yourself first.
  • missladyj631
    missladyj631 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I'm addicted to this app!! I also use MapMyFitness for when i go out on walks and it syncs to here. I've been very successful at this point. My dairy is public so feel free to ask questions or look for suggestions. We are all here for the same reason and to help one another! I walk everyday and do about 15 miles a week. Power Walking and getting your heart rate up will burn fat! I bring my son with me and he loves it!! Good Luck!! You can do this!!! :)
  • ljminto
    ljminto Posts: 52
    Options
    I (as well as everyone else), struggle to stay motivated. If I get on the scales and see little or nothing, after I have really busted it all week, I tend to get pissy about it...lol. However, I do have good support on here and the last time I had one of those "scale moments", I posted that I was ready to throw in the towel and say "f" it all, one of my friends on here messaged me and helped get me back "on track". Feel free to add me as a friend. I can't promise that I won't have "negative days", but I will do my best to support you. :)
  • mrsmolisee
    mrsmolisee Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you all. I hope I and we can make this journey. 1 day at a time is how im trying to look at this.and yes we all have our negative days. Some more than Others but its life hun. Im Au re youll hear me complain...probably alot lol.
  • jferg70
    jferg70 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You're not in it alone; that is the one thing to remember at all times. As with anything, there will be good days and bad days. Don't sweat the bad days and just keep moving forward. Set the right example for your kids; you will be an inspiration to them to the degree you may not even realize. It's worth it!
  • MrsShell17
    MrsShell17 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm in the same boat in regards to the ups and downs as well as my ongoing affair with my favorite piece of furniture (my bed) lol
  • watch_me_shinexo
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for new friends :) Goodluck on your journey, you can do it!