I feel like I'm stuck and am not loosing any weight

Options
I have 6months until my wedding day and I'm trying to get healthy and fit before then. I eat at least 1500 calories worth of food a day and I have been working out for at least an hour 4 days a week. I'm 150 lbs, I have been feeling much healthier since I started working out a month and a half ago I have lost 6 lbs but have stopped there. Any suggestions???? Please help, I'm on a deadline/ wedding line

Replies

• 7QueenJ
    Options
    Hi! My sister had the same problem and she start zumba dancing by watching different zumba clips on youtube. Maybe that will help. I have also learned that sometimes our body will get use to our workouts and we have to change the workouts every now and then... to get our bodies going again!! Good luck and I'm sure you will look perfect on your day!!
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i would suggest doing different work out routines sounds like your body has got used to it. maybe eat and different times of the day.
    if it was me i would change my calorie intake a bit lower a day,
    im on 1200 a day and im exercising more than 1 hour per day, i dont have any rest days, i lost 1lb half way thru my first weekand i will find out today if i have lost anymore.
    i was on this a while ago tho and i was doing the same thing and losing.
    good luck to you tho i hope you reach your goal for your wedding
  • Bzbear2
    Bzbear2 Posts: 109
    Options
    i would suggest doing different work out routines sounds like your body has got used to it. maybe eat and different times of the day.
    if it was me i would change my calorie intake a bit lower a day,
    im on 1200 a day and im exercising more than 1 hour per day, i dont have any rest days, i lost 1lb half way thru my first weekand i will find out today if i have lost anymore.
    i was on this a while ago tho and i was doing the same thing and losing.
    good luck to you tho i hope you reach your goal for your wedding

I have to respectfully disagree with you, lushy. If you are only eating 1200 AND exercising you are eating too little - your body will slip into starvation mode sooner or later and you will stagnate. You are also messing with your metabolism that way - bad for your "future" years! If I were you, abryan, I would focus on keeping my "net" calories definitely over 1200 (you don't have to eat back ALL your exercise calories, but at least some of them!)

Well, I am on the same journey, so these are just tips from much time spent in the forum and previous weight loss experiences! Wishing you the best of luck and remember - your wedding will be wonderful, no matter what (I got married last July!)
  • mmelaniewalters
    Options
    ave you measured yr self ?? u may have lost inches and not lbs :) ...
  • Zumbalady808
    Options
    First of all everyone could be right here but we all don't know what you are eating and what kind of workout you are doing?

I'd have to see what you are eating and I'd have to know are you really working out to your full potential, like are you really getting your heart rate up to it's full potential.

Have you tried a little bit of toning, lifting weights? I know that sounds like OMG, but hey don't you want those arms to look nice and tight in your wedding dress, I would.

Yes ZUMBA now that I can agree with, if nothing else works try this, I'm a ZUMBA instructor so I can rave about this for days and days, I've seen countless number of people lose weight and keep it off, I am one of them. Also this is really good for that mid sections and legs getting it nice and firm, take a look at my photos!!!!

Good luck, lets be friends!!! Tina
  • mmelaniewalters
    Options
    i am a brand new zumba fanatic .. it rocks :) . try it !!