Week #2

Options
Feeling frustrated! Had a 3lb loss last week and a 1 pound gain this week. No changes in diet or exercise. Although I've been tracked for a month, I've been seriously changing my diet over the last two weeks. Is it true that week two is always difficult as your body adjust or shall I look closer at what I am doing? HELP!

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    just keep doing what you're doing, 2 weeks is nothing. expect to see a gain in weight every once and awhile, there is more than just fat and muscle loss/gain that plays a part in your weight. water retention is a big factor, and will totally mindfck you on a daily basis if you allow it to do so
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you will see some gains and some losses from week to week. If you are just starting a new diet, or a new exercise program, your body will retain water more than usual, and that can easily acount for 1 pound. In any given day i can fluctuate from 2 pound gain to 2 pound loss based on what time i am weighing myself.

Just give it time. Two weeks is nothing. You will continue to see a trend downwards. Don't let the occasional upticks frustrate you.
  • Flyers1010
    Flyers1010 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above responses. Everyone wants immediate and consistent positive results, but it's a marathon.

Just keep going and don't give up. Think about where you'll be six months from now!

Good luck!
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    The rate at which your body burns fat will vary from week to week due to TOM, exercise, water retention from sodium, stress, bowels, hormones, etc. Since you have been losing prior to this last week then continue as you were and your body will catch up. This is the reason it helps to weigh in under the same conditions once a week and look for a trend about every 4 weeks. As long as the trend is downwards then don’t worry that you didn’t consistently lose the same amount every week.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The first two weeks are usually high for new dieters because they have a lot of water weight from high sodium and high carb foods. Things need 4+ weeks to actually evaluate a plan.