Is there an entire genre of music that you hate?

Options

Replies

• laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    80s hair rock
    Anything from the hippie movement
    the 90s is pretty much a write off apart from some of the punk and grunge
    POP
    Country
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I hate techno versions of perfectly awesome songs. I heard a techno remix of " Sweet Child O' Mine" in a club once that made me stabby.

QFT

Or when they sample a guitar riff/bassline from a classic song and add it to some crap new song (ie. P. Diddy, Vanilla Ice, etc.). Points for when they get sued for doing so. :wink:

I just heard a song on the radio. They were doing there rap/hip hoppy lyrics and then all of a sudden I heard the lyrics to Teen Spirit. I was so confused. What the hell is going on! I also hate when they take classic songs and butcher them. Make your own thing - don't steal someone else's and ruin my childhood! LOL
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Death metal ???? I don't mind certain screaming parts in songs but good lord those death metal bands all need an exorcism. Lol.

^^^ me too. And also reggae. Unless I am stoned in Jamaica. Well, even then I didn't care for it.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    There's very little rap that I like.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    All that electro-screamo-post-core metalish crap.

It's like, find some rhythym, dammit!

^I second this. I don't like loud screamy thrashy music where you can't even understand what they are saying most of the time. Other than that I like a little something from most genres although I like some way more than others. Not a huge fan of rap, although there is the odd artist or song I do like.
  • Leana93412
    Leana93412 Posts: 162
    Options
    I listen to all genres of music that sounds good...EXCEPT hiphop.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Teenybop

not sure if this is recognised as a genre, but it's basically all the boy bands and other music marketed at young teenagers. Justin Beiber is a prime example. Bros and a whole lot of crap produced by Stock, Aitken and Waterman in the late 80s are also classic examples of teenybop

but even that I can't say that I hate every teenybop song because occasionally teenybop artists have done stuff that is actually good. It's a rare exception, and usually it's a cover version of a really good song, the kind that's really hard to mess up, and it's produced well rather than just the standard teenybop drum machine track de jour... so I can't even say teenybop

rap, all kinds of metal, house/techno, etc and anything vaguely related to it, classical music, country music, folk music.... I like them all. BTW never heard of mumford and sons, don't judge an entire genre on one band though. Planxty/Christy Moore is my favourite folk band/artist.

I also don't care much for what music is technically in what genre. I like the best of all genres and there's crap in all genres too. The worst classical music I heard was composed by Mozart's dad.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Bagpipes. I don't care if it's rich in culture and heritage blah blah, it's still the worst music in all the planet.

Also Techno/electronica. I don't drop e, so it has never appealed to me in any way, ever. Awful noise.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Rap. I do appreciate the art and talent that goes in to the rhyming and stuff, but that's more in the class of funky poetry to me. As a music lover, I like music played with instruments. Not computers.

There are some session that are unplugged, lol
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Nickelback is it's own genre. Every song sounds like the same song, and they are all terrible.

This is something most of you will hate, but I get a kick out of it:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BABYMETALofficial
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Probably rap - almost without exception, every rap song that has had commercial success had the melody or hook ripped off from someone other song. Plus there is no musicianship - a drum track and a record on a turntable is not an intrument.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    I will leave this here

h9dj1.jpg
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    sloppy jazz
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Bagpipes. I don't care if it's rich in culture and heritage blah blah, it's still the worst music in all the planet.

Also Techno/electronica. I don't drop e, so it has never appealed to me in any way, ever. Awful noise.

clearly you haven't listened to all mizmar songs.

I love mizmar- I do. when well placed- but I cannot listen to a full song of ONLY mizmar- or pure mizmar- or mostly mizmar.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Not a genre exactly but I don't like dance remix music. I'll hear a song I like and all of a sudden it goes to this beeping and stuttering remix that leaves out half of the words.

Also don't like it when "older" hits are revamped into rap songs.
  • Shimmysista
    Shimmysista Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    death metal... It makes me anxious :(
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Not that I can think of. Not a big fan of jazz, but it just depends on my mood.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Heavy metal that screams at me and rap. I tried but I cannot do these.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Rap!!!!

I can also count on one hand how many country songs I like (and most of those might be subcategorized as blue grass or blues).
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I will leave this here

h9dj1.jpg

Nice!