bras to fit. ( one defiantly for the girls a bit gross) )

Options
Ok, I have a bit of an issue at the moment. I have lost some weight but through exercise I have gone down more sizes than my weight loss would necessarily suggest. I went to my local plus size store and got remeasured for a bra. I was a bit disappointed that they suggested I was in the same size but got a bra in the sale anyway. Now the problem.... my breasts are somewhat saggy because of losing weight after being so big for so long. My new bra was ok to begin with but after wearing it for a few hours they ( my boobs) work their way out under the bottom band. It is an under wire bra in case you were wondering. I have a couple of bras a smaller size and they work but there is the inevitable skin/fat hanging over the top and they can rub a bit. Gross I know but someone else must have had this issue in the past. Any suggestions.

Replies

• Carlywiese
    Carlywiese Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have seen these little extenders for the bra band they basically add 3-4 notches to the clasp might work for your smaller size bras to give a little more room in the circumference but not the cup?
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Finding ones with a different, more sticky material might be one way to go - some bras are more slippery than others.
  • invisiblelo
    invisiblelo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    By the sounds of it you need a tighter circumference and a bigger cup. You probably have lost weight on your back. A well fitting bra should never let your boobs slip out underneath!!
  • elv1ra
    elv1ra Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    if your boobs are coming out under the bottom the band size is too big. unfortunately if youre already having backfat spillage a tighter band will probably make it worse. perhaps a bra with thicker bands would be helpful, or a sports bra, or a sports bra over your regular bra.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    By the sounds of it you need a tighter circumference and a bigger cup. You probably have lost weight on your back. A well fitting bra should never let your boobs slip out underneath!!

^Agreed. My breasts are quite saggy as well, but I've never had them slip below the band before unless I'm wearing something that's very wrongly sized.

A lot of stores will measure you and suggest a bra size that's wrong if that's the only way to fit you into a size their store actually carries. Have you tried calculating your bra size at home with a reliable calculator? (I like: http://www.sophisticatedpair.com/bracalculator.htm)
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options

^ This right here. Smaller band, bigger cup.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Return the bra, they didn't fit you properly, they are supposed to know how these things work.

As previous poster said,.. larger cup, smaller circumference. Also, I would suggest a push up with the straps you cross in the back.. keeps thing front and center.
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You definitely need a smaller band size. Your cup size could be the same. You should try on that isa band size smaller but stay the same on the cup. Put it on the first clasp amd see howit feels.there are many reasons you are measuring the same but if it's not working for you then you should change it.
  • bonkers1224
    bonkers1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Same problem...........................VICTORIA'S SECRET PROBLEM SOLVED :smile:
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    slippage underneath to me suggests your band is TOO big, not too small.....

try this site:

http://www.epbot.com/2013/04/everything-you-never-knew-you-needed-to.html?m=1
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Yep my problem with coming out the bottom if I move a certain way and to boot my cup size is not the same either it got smaller :sad:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    sounds they were trying to get you to buy a size that they could sell you.

anyway you're band sounds really big. you can measure yourself.
    - get a tape measure and first measure around the rib cage where the bottom of the bra should sit, which is basically right under your boobs.
    - next measure around the fullest part of your boobs, if your girls hang low then measure while wearing something that keeps them perky.

you determine you size by taking the rib cage size as the band (round up if it's uneven number) and then comparing that with the number you get from the boobs to the get the cup size. cup size is determined by difference between those 2 numbers
    1" difference = A cup, 2" = B cup 3"=C cup, 4" = D cup and so on.

from there you'd also have to take into account other factors to determine the type of bra you should wear depending on your body. for instance, bras come in full coverage, demi coverage, plunge, etc. the center panel should always sit flush with your body . i know for me i have a short waist combined with small rib cage and large boobs which means certain styles i simply cant wear regardless of the size (i'm looking at you, full coverage)
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I have this problem as well. i spend all day lift and tuck..lift and tuck.... It's ridiculous. And, on a side note, I have a problem under my arms wehre the excess skin flaps up over the band. I have searched for a bra with a super wide strap... to no avail. Still searching!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Heh. I can't even imagine what size a Victoria's Secret salesperson would recommend putting my 32Hs in.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

^Agreed. My breasts are quite saggy as well, but I've never had them slip below the band before unless I'm wearing something that's very wrongly sized.

A lot of stores will measure you and suggest a bra size that's wrong if that's the only way to fit you into a size their store actually carries. Have you tried calculating your bra size at home with a reliable calculator? (I like: http://www.sophisticatedpair.com/bracalculator.htm)

+1. My "pet peeve" is bra stores that "size" you into their narrow range. Tip: if you are calculating your bra band size (the number part) by adding any number to your ribcage measurement, it's WRONG (99.9% of the time, sometimes up one size for comfort or wide backs, etc.). Any store that does that should not get your business.

The link above is good. I also like breakoutbras.com. I buy all my bras from them (since I'm a 30 band size and a "big" cup--try finding that in small town America).
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

This is exactly what I was thinking. Those bras do NOT fit you.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options

This.

Get refitted by someone else.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

Heh. I can't even imagine what size a Victoria's Secret salesperson would recommend putting my 32Hs in.

LOL, they "sized" me at 36B. Um, no, I'm a 30F/G. SAVE THE BOOBIES--Find your proper size--your bewbs will thank you.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Right...I'd love to see what they would tell me my size is. (28FF) Victoria's Secret is one of the worst places to get fitted for, and buy bras. OP...go to a department store like Nordstrom or a bra shop and get fitted properly and buy yourself a bra that fits. It will make a world of difference!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I have this problem as well. i spend all day lift and tuck..lift and tuck.... It's ridiculous. And, on a side note, I have a problem under my arms wehre the excess skin flaps up over the band. I have searched for a bra with a super wide strap... to no avail. Still searching!

that might still be breast tissue. best way to make sure you have all the girls covered is to lean over and let your boos fall into the cups. then smooth and tuck while bent. once you're all in, stand up straight and if you're wearing the proper size and style then you'll be good to go