• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    great. it's not even 1, and now i want to drink
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

You mean you didn't want to before seeing this?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

You mean you didn't want to before seeing this?

ok. you have a pretty good point there.
  • tiffanylachaparrita
    tiffanylachaparrita Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love that. I cant write when I'm sober actually. But I am now so I'm in a writer's block... :smokin:
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    Had me some beer and cigarettes last night :)

my MO for tonight! :-)
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Off the smokes 1.5 months and not regretting it. I will admit, a cigarette sounds good, but my level of fitness and ability to run for long distances has seriously improved. Consider it, folks!

And tonight's a gin and tonic night baby!

As for the advantages of writing with alcohol and smokes, I'm doubting it. I used to agree when I was in college, but I reread that stuff and a lot of it is hackneyed and convoluted. But, hey, if your stuff rocks, go out and get published and thank alcohol and cigarettes! I'm all for it!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I could only skateboard or play an instrument with a little alcohol in me. Reading, writing, and drawing were straight out.
  • its the most blessed event. Alcohol and cigarettes!
  • HypnoticEuphoria
    Options
    Never smoked, and I'm allergic to alcohol :cry:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    In my past life, nothing was finer...been of the cigs now for two years come September. I don't think about it much anymore, but occasionally when I'm just sitting around and enjoying a beer...especially around the campfire...there are those times when I really could fire one up.
  • missminnick
    missminnick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Been trying to quit smoking for a while now and not having much luck.. I can go a few days without a cigarette but after that its that habit of putting it to my mouth.. drives me nuts and I know I can quit as soon as I just do it.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I know this is somewhat hijacking the forum, but here goes...

Allen Carr's "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking." Won't even make you stop until you've finished the book. It worked wonders and has worked on like 279 million people or something.

TRY IT!

Believe me, I felt I would be missing out and that I never wanted to quit. I'm legitimately happy I did so. Also, believe when I say I understand how good booze and butts are together.
  • missminnick
    Options
    I'm pretty proud.. I have gone 5 days without smoking any tobacco related products. & I'm really proud just have to keep it up even thou the stress around me keeps going up. :)
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty proud.. I have gone 5 days without smoking any tobacco related products. & I'm really proud just have to keep it up even thou the stress around me keeps going up. :)

way to go, its a hard thing to quit, took me numerous attempts
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I've considered not writing until I've had a good buzz going...
  • missminnick
    Options

way to go, its a hard thing to quit, took me numerous attempts

thank you.. I'm trying.. even if it's going to take numerous attempts.. I got really stressed at work and broke down today.. disappointed myself but I know I can do it.