Is there an entire genre of music that you hate?

Options

Replies

• laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    To all those saying they don't like "Screamo/ Metal core"

I can understand what they are saying perfectly well, on another note if you like Rap/hip hop those things these are holding are call musical instruments.

you will also notice they use the English language and there are no references "B**ches and Hoes

madehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRSXeKhFSOs
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I will leave this here

h9dj1.jpg

No, I don't like metal core just because I can't understand the words. I don't like metal core because it is an affront to my ears and an all around crappy style of music. :flowerforyou:

Also, comparing a type of singing that is purposely garbled and nonsensical to a song in a foreign language (but still performed using clear pronunciation) is a bit far-reaching and ridiculous.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Mariachi, Oompah, and most folk music
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Can we count Kidz Bop as a genre? Because if so, tack it onto my list.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Rap
    Folk
    Techno
    Mariachi

Edited to add Mariachi. UGH
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    All that electro-screamo-post-core metalish crap.

It's like, find some rhythym, dammit!

^I second this. I don't like loud screamy thrashy music where you can't even understand what they are saying most of the time. Other than that I like a little something from most genres although I like some way more than others. Not a huge fan of rap, although there is the odd artist or song I do like.

This fits for me, too.

Edit to add: the screaming/growling vocalizations make me want to offer someone a cough drop or some hot tea with honey and makes my throat hurt in sympathy.

Also, if I can't understand the words (and they're in English), or can't find the beat... not interested.

And though it's not really a genre in and of itself, I can't listen to male artists with high voices. Justin Timberlake, Adam Levine, etc.

That being said, I like to listen to all the country music that everyone else seems to hate. :laugh: (Except Rascal Flats, because high voices and general whiny songs)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Zydeco. Blech.

RDWPxeg.jpg

lol...I don't like many gifs but that is awesome.

As for Zydeco, I find it pleasant background noise when I'm at a Cajun/BBQ restaurant or picking up an item in the cheesy bohemian style mall store. Otherwise nah.

Same goes for 40's swing...great music for Christmas shopping for overpriced housewares. My ex husband played it at home 24/7 and I am sick of it forever...
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Rap
    Folk
    Techno
    Mariachi

Edited to add Mariachi. UGH

Oh YES. I forgot mariachi. I grew up in Mexico, and am so done with it. It CAN be ok, sometimes, if it's just background music to a b!tchin Mexican barbecue and I am placated with copious amounts of carne asada and tres leches cake, but the people who blare it and jam out to in in their pimped out El Caminos...:noway:
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Added because I didn't see anyone say this yet: BLUES. I do not like the blues.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Nickelback is it's own genre. Every song sounds like the same song, and they are all terrible.

^ Gawd I hate that band!
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    death metal... It makes me anxious :(

elaborate on why it makes you anxious?
  • aalbert_82
    aalbert_82 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Christian pop
    Christian rock
    Christian alternative (WTF)

Basically all of that, and 99% of country music after 1988.

As a Christian, I don't really like most Christian music. I mean some are really talented and all, but you really just have, like, one topic to write songs about. And you can only do that a few ways before it get mind numbing.

Same. I'm a Chrsitian and I can't stand Christian music.

... well maybe the exception is Faith + 1 :wink:

Good call
    faith1eh3.jpg

Thanks, had my belly laugh for the day!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    New music that's targeted towards the current generation of preteens/teens. Think Beiber, Miley, etc.

Also the rap that they slow way down. I'm assuming they do it for the bass effect, but it drives me batty.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I really cannot get on with Jazz. I will listen to pretty much anything else and my music tastes are quite eclectic but Jazz-more specifically jazz with singing over the top. Not sure why I dislike it so.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Emo, screamo, and dubstep.

And I don't get the hate for country music. Well, let me caveat that. I do understand the hate for most country music produced over the last 4-5 years. But in general, I enjoy country. And bluegrass.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    I agree dupstep as well
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Scat jazz is THE worst.

2nd worst:R &B that features a slow repetitive beat that sounds like someone bouncing a basketball slowly. Example: "I'll Make Love To You" by Boyz II Men.
  • HypnoticEuphoria
    Options
    I love most genres, rock being my fav! (Along with 50s music)
    But boy can I not stand Screamers! Some screaming and yelling is fine, but when your only lyrics are screams that resemble the sound of immense pain and agony (Maybe severe constipation/Or passing numerous Kidney stones).....It's beyond annoying.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Zydeco. Blech.

RDWPxeg.jpg

lol...I don't like many gifs but that is awesome.

As for Zydeco, I find it pleasant background noise when I'm at a Cajun/BBQ restaurant or picking up an item in the cheesy bohemian style mall store. Otherwise nah.

Same goes for 40's swing...great music for Christmas shopping for overpriced housewares. My ex husband played it at home 24/7 and I am sick of it forever...

I spent the first 35 years of my life in South Louisiana. I'd be thrown in jail if I didn't defend it. :laugh:
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Nickelback is it's own genre. Every song sounds like the same song, and they are all terrible.

^ Gawd I hate that band!

They're the fault of your people! :laugh: