Got HRM and Calorie Burns are lower that MFP States.

Options
I finally started using the HRM that was a Christmas gift. I am glad that I wasn't eating my exercise calories, because so far the MFP calorie count for me was way off. For example the Turbo Jam that I workout with states here I burn about 638 calories, but the HRM gives me a reading of 309 calories burned. The other workouts that I did also was lower with the HRM. Now the HRM I got wasn't the expensive one. I just wanted something to count my calorie burn. So I am going to see how my weight goes with this one. So everyone be careful, if you are eating all of your exercise calories, just make sure that the amount of calories you burned are correct.

I know that this is a hot topic, but just make sure that what you are burning is correct.
I will know in a couple of weeks if my HRM is accurate or not.

I have read other posting and others also said that they were reading lower numbers than what MFP was stating.

Hope this helps.....

Replies

• westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I agree -- I've found that some (but definitely not all) of the exercise calories are inflated. I know that for me, personally, in order to burn 100 calories in 10 minutes (and 300 in 30 mins, 600 in an hour, etc.), I need to really be huffing and puffing on a cardio machine or run... so I use that as a rough estimate.
  • kristinwalker
    kristinwalker Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Try http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calories_burned.htm this is a great way to check when your HRM is not accessible. Pretty accurate!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi, I tend to have the opposite problem. MFP calculates my treadmill calories lower than my HRM. I normally pick a figure between the two and log that. I never eat back all my exercise calories.
  • howardrw
    howardrw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you, the website has some great points.....