Bras.

Options
Anybody else have trouble finding bras in a store? I am an A cup and you can't really find cup sizes so small when you have a large band size. I can't find bras that would fit me anywhere. I've been relying on $5 walmart sport bras that last a few months for a really long time and I have never actually been able to have fun shopping for bras.

Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• lisanhorowitz
    lisanhorowitz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A good bra is essential to feeling good. It might cost a bit extra, but go to a custom bra store. Its seriously worth it.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I find that the bras I bought from Victoria's Secret a decade ago are still in good working order, while the cheap ones I bought from WalMart or Target have crapped out and lost elasticity or broke straps. A good bra is worth a little investment, and you should be able to catch the clearance events and find some good buys.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    if you are talking sports bra macys has a nice one i wanted but couldn have because the cup size was too small for me. i have big,uns so i have the opposite problem and have to just use the smashers.

i hate bra shopping with a passion... i can try 100 on before one works. then i just buy 3 or four of them. bali makes my favorites.
  • WannaBeSexyAt40
    Options
    Most of the time I want to throw my bra in the garbage. I have been fitted, but they are still so uncomfy. Bra shopping is horrible!
  • peachmagic
    peachmagic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I'm currently a 36 I and though I have a store where I buy my bras they are EXPENSIVE. We're talking $80 for plain beige here, and it sucks. I'm currently wearing all 34 J because I could afford to buy new bras when I gained weight.
  • pendelluft
    pendelluft Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you tried specialty bra shops? Get them to measure you and see what they have in stock. (To find such a store, google "your town or nearest big city specialty bra shop".)

They will undoubtedly have something for you. If not, get them to measure you anyway then go here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/comments/1hka4o/a_guide_on_where_to_buy_and_sell_bras/
  • KelseyBee2014
    KelseyBee2014 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm making do with the walmart ones for now. There is no way I could afford a custom bra (I'm a poor college student). It just gives me a little motivation to lose more weight to get down to a size where I could actually walk into a Victoria's Secret and be able to find a bra and have it fit. ...It will happen...eventually.
  • KelseyBee2014
    Options
    I find that the bras I bought from Victoria's Secret a decade ago are still in good working order, while the cheap ones I bought from WalMart or Target have crapped out and lost elasticity or broke straps. A good bra is worth a little investment, and you should be able to catch the clearance events and find some good buys.

I could afford Victoria's Secret if I wanted, the problem is they don't sell my size. :(
  • pendelluft
    pendelluft Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try here for free bras:

http://www.reddit.com/r/RandomActsofBras

Again, you should go and get fitted before requesting a bra (either searching for your size in the existing post or creating a post with your bra size).

If you don't go and get fitted, you can do it yourself with a soft measuring tape. Instructions here: http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/fit_guide
  • AyaRowan
    AyaRowan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I had this issue. When I was at my highest weight, I was pretty high up in bandsize, like a 48 or 50 band. But my cup size was a large B or small C. When you get that high in band size, many bra manufacturers don't even make anything less than a D cup. Occasionally one style I saw would have a C cup. For the longest time I wore an ill-fitting, stretched out bra from Walmart because I couldn't find or afford anything that fit.

Thankfully after losing some weight I'm down to a 42 band size, but strangely my cup size is now a D. I probably need a cup bigger but I refuse to admit my boobs are that big now darn it! Better than losing them I guess, but at least it's easier to find bras now that I can wear a D.
  • KelseyBee2014
    Options
    I had this issue. When I was at my highest weight, I was pretty high up in bandsize, like a 48 or 50 band. But my cup size was a large B or small C. When you get that high in band size, many bra manufacturers don't even make anything less than a D cup. Occasionally one style I saw would have a C cup. For the longest time I wore an ill-fitting, stretched out bra from Walmart because I couldn't find or afford anything that fit.

Thankfully after losing some weight I'm down to a 42 band size, but strangely my cup size is now a D. I probably need a cup bigger but I refuse to admit my boobs are that big now darn it! Better than losing them I guess, but at least it's easier to find bras now that I can wear a D.

It's nice to know that I wasn't the only one! I'm hoping my cup size will grow to be at least a B when I lose more weight, that would be so much better then an A! Only time will tell! Congrats on your weight loss! You've loss a tremendous amount! :)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Have you been properly measured? You might be wearing the wrong size which is why you are having trouble finding the right bras.