Fitbit Tracker?

Options
wichywman
wichywman Posts: 22 Member
Anyone using it that can give me advice? I just started MFP. I did WW and used Active Link but like what I read under APPS about FitBit. Help?:smile:

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one which fits on the front of my bra. I have the app and sync to MFP! I really like it .
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Love the fitbitzip, I find it is great to track my food on MFP and it downloads with the Fitbit, I had used WeightWatchers database and it couldn't comparer to MFP database...I track on my iphone and it couldn't be easier, just set it up and you are good to go.
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit zip too! Keeps me moving!
  • wichywman
    Options
    I agree about the comparison in databases. I had to manually add so many things on WW. I was trying MFP while I was on WW and it was NO contest! I have yet to add anything manually to MFP.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one, syncs beautifully with MFP, and I'm already active, so it's just amped me up a notch.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I guess i must be the only one that didn't have luck with the fitbit. I wore it for a week and it won't sync with MFP. It also didn't record any movements during my workouts. I did reset it a few times but had no luck. I didn't know that they made one that could be worn on your bra. Maybe i should try it.
  • matchbox60
    matchbox60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit one as well.

And if you are having issues, I have found them really responsive by email. I had a few issues with my first one, and they went above and beyond to get them resolved.
  • kevinsmithrn
    kevinsmithrn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just started using my flex and I love it - I linked MFP to Fitbit and fitbit to Digifit . I wear a heart rate monitor while doing cardio work. The Digifit calories trump the fitbit calories while my heart rate belt is on - the fit bit calories adjustment appears very accurate compared to my old method of manual entry. The sleep tracker is an interesting bonus.
  • clau3260
    clau3260 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and I love it. Now even more since it syncs so well with MFP :smile:
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users

Your Fitbit burn is your TDEE—way more accurate than any online calculator.

Connect your accounts: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30

Enable negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

MFP uses your Fitbit burn rather than your activity level to calculate your daily calorie goal.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have the flex. I've been using it for over a year. It's been pretty accurate for me!
  • nene723
    nene723 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I so agree, I haven't had to add anything manually. I have a fitbit and I just clip it to my bra and it's synced to MFP. Therefore, it automatically adjust my calories each day based on my activity logged on the fitbit which I love!

Tamara
  • wichywman
    Options
    I ordered the flex. I'm really anxious for it to get here. Hopefully by the end of the week! :)