Coffee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?????????????????????????

Options
2»

Replies

• lifestyleHK
    lifestyleHK Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Larro im coming from a Greek family so i was raised on a typical Mediterranean diet. Bread was part of my diet as well but i want to stay away from it now. Too much bread because of all carbs, salt, refined sugar and preservatives that it contains, it can make you put on pounds :cry:
  • lifestyleHK
    Options
    any tips to stop carbs craving then???
  • jjapplebottom
    Options
    Coffee curbs my appetite and I put sugar free hazelnut syrup in mine also if I eat enough protein daily I dont crave sweets whatsoever
  • jjapplebottom
    Options
    I focus on protein and fiber.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    In my kitchen I have full caff, half caff and caff free. I have coffee coursing thru my veins. I dont associate coffee with sugar. Especially taken black like the op. Maybe you need to eithef try cutting back on your coffee to see if the sugar craving goes away or go ahead and have something sweet with your coffee. As long as it fits into your day.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Well, there's just eating the carbs and satisfying the craving. Do you have a legitimate reason for stopping carb cravings?
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Any diet that does not contain coffee is not worth doing, imo. ... I just can't imagine a day without coffee. :drinker:

^^ all of this
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options

After looking at your dairy, I think the cravings might just be your body's way of saying it needs more food. As long as you eat good, healthy bread, a little of it is good for you. I'm one of the ones on here who thinks 1200 calories a day are too low for most people. With just 7 pounds to lose, you could set your goals to lose 1/2 pound a week, and have more calories to play with.

I've lost 65 pounds since September, and a big part of my success was lots and lots of stir-fry veggies. Anytime I was hungry, I would cook a cup of them in the microwave. Mix in a little chicken and you have your protein too. Now I am at my goal weight, and have added back some of the calorie dense foods I had gave up while I was losing. With the big cardio burns I do, it is not rare for me to eat 3K calories once in a while.

Good luck. Thanks for the FR. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Larro
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options

Time will eventually handle those if you really must go low carb. Personally I don't think low carb will make much difference. Other than the fact that it does mean you can eat more food since carbs tend to burn through your calorie allowance very quickly. So some people find a low carb diet easier. I definitely had to cut down I used to pack away fatty bread products like nobodies business. I still eat carbs normally but I still had carb cravings even with that. After a while your body just get's the message and they stop. There is really no way around a bit of misery while you wait for that to happen though.
  • MariadfdCruz
    MariadfdCruz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am drinking coffee until after my lunch time, then I drink water or tea. At the evening, I have tea.
    About carbs craving, join the club. I have the same. Some people said you are eating too low. I didn't check, but that's one of the reasons for the craving, I know it by myself. I was eating extremely few, lazy to cook for myself or not liking the family meals and I would compensate with bread. Bread also was making me fat, I think usually because I would eat few calories most of the time and one day with the bread would be higher. What happens is that your body get's in starvation mode and these days were you have a "normal" day with carbs, the body get's all of them and I was getting weight and cellulite.

How to stop the cravings: eat carbs in the morning, like the coffee :drinker:
    Also allowed at lunch time, but choose brown bread and a limited amount, adding salad or vegetables. Try to not eat bread in the afternoon and do not eat at the evening. If you have a craving in the afternoon just eat 1 or 2 bread slices and at the dinner, just eat salads and veggies (no carbs at all).

Everyday hold on yourself thinking on your carbs breakfast. At the start of my diet I got bread all day, except at the evening, to decrease bread craving. I also made sure I would have proteins at lunch time - that decreases the carbs cravings, also the veggies and salads (because I love them).

Good luck! And see you around.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    It helps me with chocolate cravings
  • lifestyleHK
    Options
    THAT WAS SO HELPFUL! YOU ARE AMAZING. THANK YOU!!
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee everyday. If anything it helps keep the hunger away.