The social elephant (sarcasm included)

Options
13»

Replies

• trishalackin
    trishalackin Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's been suggested but maybe in social situations where there is an abundance of food, you can place a few of the MUST have items on a small plate/ napkin. Make sure than when you make your plate you make a deal with yourself to eat NO MORE than that (it always helps me to mentally estimate how many calories it is), eat slow, talk and enjoy!
    Life was meant for socializing and enjoying- so eat your casseroles and donuts - just know what you're eating before your brain decides to take a cat nap :)
  • CandyMouse
    CandyMouse Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me too, ( ha ha). If I am eating in a social setting, I just keep on eating and chatting. My intentions are always good, till I get in the door.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    The potato casserole would have been calling my name. I (sadly, literally) do some self-talk (in my head, not out loud, thank goodness) to review reality. ‘It IS potato casserole. It IS wonderful, but this is NOT the only place that I can get it because I am a capable woman and can make it for myself, if I so choose. I can stick to my plan for the next couple hours.’ When I say this, I know that I would never make the casserole (or whatever) when I got home and I never have yet. Just reinforcing that I COULD make it, if I still wanted it later, somehow seems to get me through these food landmines.
  • IowaPrincess
    IowaPrincess Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Awesome posts ladies!!!!