What is the oldest age you would ever go for in a partner?

Options

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'm 35. The oldest I would go for would probably be 50.
  • MissesBee
    MissesBee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 & never thought I'd date a guy over 35 but the last guy I was seeing turned out to be 38. I'd knew him for ages through work & didn't realise how much older he was than me. Turns out he acted a lot younger though which is why it didn't work out. I'd be more inclined to go older than younger but to be honest I think if you like someone then it doesn't matter really. Although I'm not sure I could date someone my dad's age just for the fact I'd hate for him to date someone as young as me.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I'm 35. The oldest I would go for would probably be 50.

Woo-hoo.....I've got 5 years to spare! :wink:
  • lewoldt
    lewoldt Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and I'd have to say that no more than 5 years older than I am, but younger is a completely different story :-)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and I would go for a person between 19 and 80 if I like them. I think each age group brings something different and interesting to the table. I'm not really that particular when it comes to age, every case is evaluated individually for me.
  • Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I've dated 15 yrs older than me, of course I was 22 at the time...
  • islander_2013
    islander_2013 Posts: 13,378 Member
    Options
    i hoe i would not be to old for you
  • liftmeup1
    liftmeup1 Posts: 373
    Options
    That would depend on how rough they've been on the body there. I may be very white, but I don't look like a leather couch. Also, tattoos look good on a young body....not so great when you can't tell what they are.
  • Coltsforlife
    Coltsforlife Posts: 124
    Options
    im 30 , 35 would be the oldest id date
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm married....so this a purely hyothetical answer ....I think I'd feel comfortable with no more than 8-10 years either way. Probably would relate to someone older, versus younger because there starts to be a generation gap otherwise. I think I look pretty decent for my age, but I agree that people can look so different based upon how they treat and treated their bods
  • Agent__J
    Agent__J Posts: 39
    Options
    I wouldn't date a woman younger than 35 and no older than 55. Since I am older myself but look / act younger I wouldn't want to be with someone who wasn't into physical activity, running, cycling, hiking, etc...
  • islander_2013
    islander_2013 Posts: 13,378 Member
    Options
    around 10 years older.....
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    within 5 years of my age, I'm 24, so no older than 29, really wouldn't consider anyone more than a year younger.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Crap I meant to say university, not college (UK).
    I wasn't aware there were any rules about professor student relationships cause legally I'm an adult? I'd never go with my professor to make my grades better though, I'd much rather work hard and earn it myself.

As for the professor, he doesn't seem like a creep, honestly. I've met old guys who hit on me and obviously just want to have sex, but he really isn't like that. He's really polite and gives a lot of compliments and although he has expressed his feelings for me i don't feel forced into it and he'd never do anying I didnt want I dont think. I admit I do kind of like him. Sorry guys, I just hope I didn't make him sound bad!
    You are a legal adult and no one could stop you from going after an older guy. However, since he is your professor and in a position of authority, I'd check with the university rules and regulations and make sure that he cannot get fired for pursuing a student. Also ask around about him and see if he has a reputation. He gets a bunch of new students every year, so is he hitting on someone new each year?
  • Runningwild103
    Options
    My fiancé is 14 yrs older than I am... Age is just a number. If you connect with that person who cares.. I'm 26 and he is 40.. Been together 7 yrs and have two kids...
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Depends. How rich is she?

OR visa-versa--how rich is he? :laugh:
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    when i was young, i always liked older men. Maybe it was the maturity. My ex husband was 6 years older than me, but i was attracted to men that were older than him. 25 years later we went our own ways. I am now in a relationship with a man 20 years younger than me. We have been together almost 3 years now. It works- so please dont question it. Men have been dating much younger women for hundreds of years. Does that mean i am attracted to younger men? No, it doesnt. I am attracted to one younger man. So to answer the question, i beleive my answer is that if you are both mature, and and the attraction is obviously mutual, then follow your heart. we cant choose the people who we fall in love with.

I agree with this but sadly we live in a society where the public cringes on 20+ gap age difference as a way to take advantage of or a way to scam/steal money off of. :indifferent:
  • pythonsweb
    pythonsweb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    im 40 and my girlffriend is 58, never had any problems with the age number its alot about your interests and your lifestyle if its compatable
  • Pathend2
    Pathend2 Posts: 142
    Options
    As much as I'd like to say that age doesn't matter to me, it kinda does. Being a high school teacher, the idea of dating ANYONE under 22 freaks me out considering as they could be close to my students' ages. I'm turning 30 in about a month and a half, so I'd have to say my limit is between 25 and 35. I might be willing to go to 40, but that still might be a bit old for me.

I definitely don't want to date someone who's immature, though. She can be 25, but if she still has a muddled idea of what a relationship with another person is, then she's not really worth my time. At my age, I'm not looking for a notch on my bedpost. I don't have the time for that. Instead, I'm looking to find someone to spend the rest of my life with.
  • pythonsweb
    pythonsweb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thats true I was thinking older but I would never go younger that at least 10 years older than my kids daughters 15 so 25 would be the youngest, but I like older women that are together in life so my age or older :D