What is the oldest age you would ever go for in a partner?

Options

Replies

• riadhdeb
    riadhdeb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options

As in 26 older, 26 younger, or you want to date someone who is 26 years old?
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    These make me a bit sad for some reason. Harmless flirting in general isn't bad, but to seemingly be desperate enough to offer one's "services" rather than trust one's brain is sad.
    As someone who at one time taught college courses, you don't have to put any effort into pursuing a young gal on a college campus if all you are interested in is sexual power and control. I was 34-37 when I taught and weighed almost 500 pounds. There were 3-5 18-yo girls every semester that would flirt with me all semester and another 4-10 that would offer services in exchange for grades at the ends of the semesters. It wasn't anything I ever followed up on but it was there every semester without fail.

To answer OP's question, my fiancée is 37 and I couldn't see dating much younger that. The gal I dated before I met my fiancée would be 49 now. I might have dated someone a few years older than that but not much.
    I'm a college prof and have regular contact (he he) with beautiful, smart young women. However I could lose my job (not to mention my family) just for hitting on someone. Not gonna happen.

True story.....young woman comes to my office two days before the final , "Dr. G....I really really need to pass this class. I'll do ANYTHING to pass this class. I don't need an A, I'll do anything just for a C." In my mind I immediately become Clint Eastwood in The Eiger Sanction ("go break out the books and study your little *kitten* off") which of course I did not really say. "So let's look at your grades and see where you stand .... blah blah, work hard I'm sure you can do this....yada yada". Would have been memorable though.......lol. :devil: :smoking:

btw...she managed the C all on her own......
  • des02_
    des02_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would say 7-10 years older than myself
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    3 weeks younger than me. Tops.
  • SteadyRun99
    Options
    never thought about it..id say 15 years older is good..all depends on personality and body LOL
  • CindyLou1707
    CindyLou1707 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I would say 15 years older...5 younger
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Crap I meant to say university, not college (UK).
    I wasn't aware there were any rules about professor student relationships cause legally I'm an adult? I'd never go with my professor to make my grades better though, I'd much rather work hard and earn it myself.

As for the professor, he doesn't seem like a creep, honestly. I've met old guys who hit on me and obviously just want to have sex, but he really isn't like that. He's really polite and gives a lot of compliments and although he has expressed his feelings for me i don't feel forced into it and he'd never do anying I didnt want I dont think. I admit I do kind of like him. Sorry guys, I just hope I didn't make him sound bad!
    You are a legal adult and no one could stop you from going after an older guy. However, since he is your professor and in a position of authority, I'd check with the university rules and regulations and make sure that he cannot get fired for pursuing a student. Also ask around about him and see if he has a reputation. He gets a bunch of new students every year, so is he hitting on someone new each year?

The UK is pretty strict about this kind of thing - the law says that high school teachers cannot be in any kind of sexual relationship with students, even if they're over the age of consent (which is age 16 in the UK, and year 13 students are age 18-19) - this is a law that's enforced strictly and this would end a teacher's career and possibly lead to prosecution.

I don't know if the same law applies to college or university students/teachers. 6th form college AFAIK the same law applies as to high school (as 6th form is year 12 and 13). AFAIK it doesn't apply to university only high school, but it is something that should be checked, and even if it's not illegal, like you say it could well be against the university rules.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    And how old are you?

I'm 19 and a 50 year old man (my college professor) had made it clear that he likes me. To be honest though I actually wouldn't mind going with a man that age! The only thing stopping me would be my parents and friends I guess.

It's weird but I've only ever been attracted to men between the ages of 35-60.

What about you guys? :D

If you're attracted to him, go for it. Just be wary if he's married or something like that. And make sure you understand what you're getting into ahead of time. Is it just a friends with benefits kind of thing or serious relationship. You can learn a lot from older partners, and I don't just mean about sex.

Americans are kind of weird about age issues. Personally, I view worrying about age too much as being unsubstantive and shallow, but that's just me. If you like someone, age shouldn't be an issue (of course, not including kids). I've been with women 17 years younger and 15 years older, and everything in between.

It's also noteworthy that when an older woman like a significantly younger man, she's a 'cougar'; however, when an older man likes a significantly younger woman, he's 'creepy.'

I disagree. I know plenty of cases where older guys date or marry much younger women... they don't get called creepy. They used to get called "sugar daddies" back in the day (especially if they're wealthy) but there's a male equivalent to cougar nowadays - I think it's manther. I'm not that clued up on modern slang.

This situation is creepy because it's a university professor going after a very young student - and it would be just as creepy if the professor was female and the very young student was male.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    The oldest age I would ever go for in a partner is literally the day before death. Need to get stuff in writing. No papers = no love.
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    3 weeks younger than me. Tops.
    :laugh:
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    So here's a pretty good rule of thumb for how young you should go (older has been covered by now I'd say). Take your age and dive by two, then add 7. And that's supposed to be about a good age for how young you should go. Seems pretty legit to me because for me it works out to 27.5 since I'm 41. And I usually say my preferred age range is about 25 - 35 so it seems about right for me anyway.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    My partners have been between 4 and 18 years older.
  • islander_2013
    islander_2013 Posts: 13,378 Member
    Options
    i would say the oldest i would go for would be 55
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    ^^^ too young! ha ha...jk.

I'd go up ten years.
  • islander_2013
    islander_2013 Posts: 13,378 Member
    Options
    do i fall into that age group
  • aprildaguilar
    aprildaguilar Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I go 20 senior 10 junior. Keeps us all similarly interested in the others activities and paths. I dont want to be a caregier or have a dependent ja ja.
  • FatJockSing
    FatJockSing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This number changes every year - in line with my beautiful wifes age . . . . . . :blushing: :heart: :love:
  • Girlg0yle
    Girlg0yle Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    From age 17-22 I dated a man 13 years older.....my hubby is 6 years younger than me so I'm all over the place on age. I think I'd probably be less likely to date someone more than 15 years my senior though. Guys more than 10 years younger start looking a little too young too