Why do people criticise clean eaters/healthy lifestyles.

Options

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    My impression of this thread:

"Why won't these ignorant fat sloth people leave me alone and respect my right to be better than them???? WHY?????? /pounds cider and chips"
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Also, for some reason, it doesn't seem to bother me if someone thinks their food choices make them superior to me. It just makes me smile or laugh. I know it's not true. And I don't care. I don't have time for that.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I get criticized more for portion control and eating what i want than I ever did with clean eating. As a matter of fact, it turns into a debate on how my eating is wrong , you know t here one people should do? The one that keeps the weight off, keeps you happy and healthy,
  • hollytaggart9
    hollytaggart9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find that if I do not bring up my eating, and just eat the foods, pretty much no one ever questions it. People are so wrapped up in themselves that they don't really notice others that much. I don't however, discuss others food choices, post photos on Facebook incessantly about what I ate today (Yes I have a friend who does this. OMG annoying)So in not drawing attention to it no one really ever notices anything. My Secretary loves to bake. I just do not partake in them...no discussion about what I do and don't eat. I find that if you talk about it in the detail you put in the original post, people are going to criticise....
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My impression of this thread:

"Why won't these ignorant fat sloth people leave me alone and respect my right to be better than them???? WHY?????? /pounds cider and chips"

/\ Yep agreed

200.gif
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Success brings out hate. Bonus points if you happen to be a walking rebuttal to their favorite excuse. People don't have a strong a reaction to "extreme" or expensive diets though because they anticipate a fast return to the fold. If you can create a working diet that uses almost nothing but convenient things it's going to be a whole different kettle of fish than if you do it with actress-feed so the quinoa is probably if anything cutting down on the hate.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    how is this still going?
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is the term 'clean eating' which seems to suggest superiority: everyone else is eating 'dirty.'
    I'm in Southern California, and If I listened to my vast and varied assortment of friends about what to eat and why my head would be spinning like the girl in The Exorcist.

Now I keep quiet. I give people 'the look' when they get preachy or questioning. I let them talk on, and on, because yes, they are evangelizing and trying to convince themselves that they are on the right and only road to...(fill it in here).

I've learned that patience is a virtue that must be practiced. A wonderful answer to them, when they come up for air, is for me to say, quietly and thoughtfully: You might be right.
    which of course means they MIGHT be wrong too, but they don't notice that.

If I have no patience I make eye contact I deliberately point my middle finger and slowly scratch my face with it,
  • mtruitt01
    Options
    how is this still going?

Must have hit a nerve with people!
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    what did I miss????
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    How many "clean-eaters" does it take to eat a cupcake?

One, if no one's looking.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Success brings out hate. Bonus points if you happen to be a walking rebuttal to their favorite excuse. People don't have a strong a reaction to "extreme" or expensive diets though because they anticipate a fast return to the fold. If you can create a working diet that uses almost nothing but convenient things it's going to be a whole different kettle of fish than if you do it with actress-feed so the quinoa is probably if anything cutting down on the hate.
    vat?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    One word ' Pretentious'

Ordering a salad = Pretentious
    Ordering a burger = Normal

Normal beat the hell out the the Pretentious. The end.

What? Ordering a salad is not normal? And people think that ordering a salad somehow makes them more healthy than someone ordering a burger?

Is this a joke?

I still think there is confusion here. It's not the ordering of the salad. It's the parading around of one's beliefs as if you are better than someone else

No, I understood that. I'm confused as to why someone would think eating a salad makes them better or healthier than someone else. Because I don't think of salad as being something way outside the norm of what most people eat - everyone I know eats salad. And as Acrylics pointed out, just because it's a salad doesn't mean it's healthy, you can easily rack up the calories in a salad. I guess I'm surprised to see that the healthy/clean crew thinks that normal people don't like or don't eat salads. What exactly do clean eaters think everyone else eats?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    :yawn: critical critic of criticized food critics....
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    One word ' Pretentious'

What? Ordering a salad is not normal? And people think that ordering a salad somehow makes them more healthy than someone ordering a burger?

Is this a joke?

I still think there is confusion here. It's not the ordering of the salad. It's the parading around of one's beliefs as if you are better than someone else

No, I understood that. I'm confused as to why someone would think eating a salad makes them better or healthier than someone else. Because I don't think of salad as being something way outside the norm of what most people eat - everyone I know eats salad. And as Acrylics pointed out, just because it's a salad doesn't mean it's healthy, you can easily rack up the calories in a salad. I guess I'm surprised to see that the healthy/clean crew thinks that normal people don't like or don't eat salads. What exactly do clean eaters think everyone else eats?

2000 calories of poptarts, ice cream, and doritos.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    One word ' Pretentious'

Is this a joke?

2000 calories of poptarts, ice cream, and doritos.

I eat well over 2000 calories and almost none of it comes from poptarts or doritos, and rarely icecream. Now beer, wings and pizza, those might show up a bit more frequently. :laugh: And blue cheese, or cheese in general, did I mention cheese?
  • mtruitt01
    Options
    This whole thread makes me want to eat raw bacon and burn a stack of tires. Who's with me?

Makes me want to steal heavy equipment and listen to Metal until ears bleed.
  • mtruitt01
    Options

hehe!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

hehe!

Ha!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

So totally this. You wouldn't believe the hate I get when I buy ice cream, beer, and donuts at the same time at the grocery store while wearing a bikini and a pair of running shorts.

Pure and unadulterated.