50 lbs or more to lose?

Options

Replies

• AliUnrau
    AliUnrau Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    ive just started my journey so ive kicked 14/110 lbs in the butt. keep up the good work!
  • elfram2
    elfram2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've got about 15 lbs to lose and I will no longer be obese. About 55 so I won't be overweight any more. I started the year in the morbidly obese chart but im down a decent amount. I've never been one to keep track of my weight (before mfp) but i'm sure this is the lowest ive been since around 1991 when my daughter was born.
  • spencerschool
    spencerschool Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am trying this again. I really need to lose about 100lbs. It's beyond depressing. I am the largest I have ever been. My daughter is getting married in January and I would really like to down atleast 50lbs. I know that's aggressive but it can be done if I put my mind to it. I am going to cut out Dr. Pepper, (Oh, how I hate to even say that), sugar, white bread, and drink a lot of water. This week I am cleaning our my cupboards and will start fresh Aug. 1. I need all of the encouragement and help I can get. Thanks!!:smile:
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    Hi! I have a long journey ahead of me too. Feel free to add me :)
  • SamLD88
    SamLD88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for more friends. About 50 to lose ideally. I'm an ecologist in Dayton, OH.
  • sharonpink
    sharonpink Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are on your way! I'd be happy to add friends who have a significant amount to lose also. I have over 100 to lose!
  • baldmitch
    baldmitch Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 so far in 7.5 weeks, ideally I want to lose 40 more *!! of fat !!*, but I don't care how much lean I put on. I guess I'll gross another 20 lbs lost before I bang the gavel on the current goal.

I'll be upping my protein intake to do this, starting this coming week.

More muscle = faster metabolism = more aggressive fat burning.
  • mommysews67
    mommysews67 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have 80 that I want to loose and I have barely started. I will weigh in on Mon. and see how my first week went
  • mkchris
    mkchris Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 36.
    5'7"
    Started at 205 ... My heaviest.
    Joined MFP AT 203
    Currently at 199
    Want to lose 60 lbs. I'd like it to be by January.
    Want to get outside and be active also working on a 1200 cal diet.

I am mostly on the app so don't get to come on the community boards often. Would love some more friends that I can track progress with!
  • wstrnboots
    Options
    Hi,

I am brand new on the message boards and have a goal of losing 65 pounds. Motivation is always given and welcome!
  • Acorrineh
    Acorrineh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yep, I have 80 to lose. Just started this week. I was sing another free site, but with all of the ads they put on there now, it was jamming my computer. I found this site yesterday. I love it! Fast, easy to use, easy to customize it. This should help. Glad to meet you!
    Angie
  • ZaCkOX
    ZaCkOX Posts: 115
    Options
    I've lost 75 lbs but I did have a lot to lose from the beginning. If you hit a plateau just encourage yourself to try harder. If I am stuck at the same pound for a week, I exercise more.
  • melissaamooney
    melissaamooney Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I need to lose at least 60 lbs. I have used this lovely tool before and lost 35 lbs . Stress happened and I gained back 15. I can't afford to gain weight. At present I am 5'5 and 234. I know this works and works well with each other helping and motivating each other. Feel free to friend me. I am supportive and intend to be on this site quite frequently. :smile:
  • myliljunebugs
    myliljunebugs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My stats:

Highest weight recorded 320 probably about 325 before joining MFP
    Current weight 276.6
    Height 5'8
    Age 34
    Starting size 24 (tight)
    Current size 20
    Plan - Lots of veggies, cut out fried and sugar except on occasion. Portion control.

I have had a rough month with going on vacation twice, but I'm getting back on it and am going to start seeing the pounds fall off again. :)
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I need to lose about 115, check out my story on my profile if you would like.:smile:
  • teknosprite
    teknosprite Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im 31 and trying to lose at least 46 lbs (that would put me at 135 - im only 5'3") . Such a struggle but we all can do it! Im just starting again as of yesterday :)
  • mommysews67
    Options
    I have nearly 70lbs to lose seems like I can never achieve that much but really feel ready now to do this in a safe and healthy way.

I know the feeling. I have 77 more to loose and somehow it seems like it will just be impossible (and it may, my goal may be too low for my age but I will make that evaluation when I am closer) I have lost 3 pounds which is a great start but that is it - just a start. I need to stick with it
  • mommysews67
    Options
    Hi! Im 31 and trying to lose at least 46 lbs (that would put me at 135 - im only 5'3") . Such a struggle but we all can do it! Im just starting again as of yesterday :)

I am shorter and wider than you - but I know that it can be done! you are on the right track!
  • sim_moore
    sim_moore Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight around 310 Pounds.. Down to 290ish now after 6 weeks of healthy eating and moderate exercise.. Any tips/insight on my diary would be appreciated.. I try to underestimate the exercise by 50%....

Good luck we are all on this path together :)
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'll add, I'm looking to lose 50-60 pounds.