Egg-free breakfast ideas?

Options
Allegi32
Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
I can't eat eggs and I'm getting tired of cereal and milk. Anyone have any good non-egg breakfast recipes that are tasty and low-cal? I try to keep my calories below 300 for breakfast.

Thanks!

Replies

• erikmerklin
    Options
    I eat a 10 grain hot cereal every morning. I got sick of just the grain taste, so I put a bit of cinnamon on top.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Fruit/yogurt parfaits. ie. granola, oatmeal, greek yogurt, and lots of high water content fruits.
    Chicken wrap or sandwich with tomato/onion/lettuce. Look for low calorie bread/tortillas in your grocery store!
    Scrambled tofu with swiss chard.

All of these, you can make the night before and just heat up in the morning. In the case of the parfaits, you can just eat it. I like to make mine a few days in advance when I know I'll be busy during the weekdays.
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Have you tried making your own granola bars? There's lots of recipes out there and it's simple. Just oats and rice cereal and some peanut butter, honey, whatever topping you want. Bake it in a pan and there you go!
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and fruit.... My fav is strawberries
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    4 slices hormel pre cooked bacon 70 calories 5 g of protein, latte made with Kroger carbmaster vanilla skim milk 60 calories, 11 g of protein, bowl of oatmeal(1/3c dry) 102 calories 3.5 g protein. 1/2 c blueberries 38 calories .5 g protein.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I slice up a Granny Smith apple, add some cinnamon and nutmeg, microwave for three minutes and add 1/3 cup of granola. It's delicious!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    In search, type single serving apple crisp..
  • jojokmack
    jojokmack Posts: 117
    Options
    Not sure if you have them in the US, but in the UK we have Turkey Rashers. They are like bacon but much lower calorie. I have 4 slices with tinned tomatoes on plain toast with lots of black pepper. I sometimes have a side of mushrooms done in the microwave with soy sauce :)
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    My daughter has a severe egg allergy.

We eat a lot of steel cut oats, chicken sausage, greek yogurt, nuts, seeds, toast w/almond butter, cottage cheese, even tofu. You could make a b'fast sandwich/wrap with meat/beans, veggies and tofu scramble.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I swear by porridge (oatmeal). I've been having the same one every week day for ages (even in high summer) - it's super quick to prepare in the microwave, low cal, high in fibre and very filling.

PS - cereal is the devil. I tends to be refined carbs, lots of sugar and not very filling. I haven't kept cereal in the house for years. Ditto white bread.
  • Mapanggulo
    Mapanggulo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    How about crepes? A Vegan friend of mine eats them, she gets a crepe mix that doesn't contain eggs or milk I believe.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Any leftovers from the night before - I like savoury for breakfast.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with cinnamon and berries or cut up banana.
    Or I skimp on the water and mix with unsweetened applesauce.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, try adding fruit, cinnamon, peanut butter, honey are nice in it too :3
  • Frobie
    Frobie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Google "Tofu Scramble" you will find a ton of great ideas!
  • 2605J
    2605J Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    peanut butter on a tortilla
  • Pathend2
    Pathend2 Posts: 142
    Options
    Cold pizza with a glass of orange juice. Seriously delicious.
  • Muslissa
    Muslissa Posts: 2
    Options
    A bran muffin with tea
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My faves:

Light Rye Crisp Bread or wheat bread with peanut butter and half a banana: about 200 calories

Almond milk, protein powder, banana: about 250 calories
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal? There are a variety of oatmeal recipes.

Also, think outside breakfast. Most people say they don't like breakfast because they don't like traditional 'breakfast foods'. But why can't you have 'lunch' or 'dinner' foods for breakfast? There is no law saying you can't eat a grilled cheese or a bowl of soup in the am. :wink:

I do find oatmeal with peanut butter very filling, though. And it works out to 350 calories. 400 and so if I use half a cup of milk.