Silly question about headbands - mine never stay on?

Options
2»

Replies

• Rebel_Stout
    Rebel_Stout Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    www.sparklysoul.com, Love them!!!
  • _imperfextionisbeauty_
    _imperfextionisbeauty_ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    The headbands that have the rubber lining and are skinny stay the best! Pull it down under the nape of your neck and right behind your ears and it should stay good. I still have to adjust a few times in 2 hrs. But has worked so far... Until I get a headache lol
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Bobby pins.
  • SammehRae420
    Options
    That or you can use those head bands that have teeth (rubber can pull your hair out) and again hide it under a large headband, if you don't care what it looks like those headbands are by far the best, you can find them at most grocery stores that have a beauty section. If you don't know what I'm talking about they are waving like a bunch of w's attached together. Like wwwww but in a full circle lol
    Sorry I'm not very good at explaining things.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    If you use the hard plastic/metal ones run a squiggle of hot glue gun glue or silicon sealer underneath and wait for it to dry. The soft glue/silicon helps to grip your hair.

you can try this one the fabric ones too but do dots instead of wiggly lines.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have problems with headbands not staying on their head? I like to pull back my hair when I workout but using a headband would be so much cuter than all the little clips I have to use to keep my bangs back. The only thing is, as soon as I put one on, I can feel it slipping - they never stay on for me!

Is there a certain "brand" that I need to buy (currently I just use whatever the drugstore sells) but so far it's been a waste of money because I can't use them.

TIA for your response!

Same problem!! Sorry I do not have a solution!! Even with grips they slide off!!
  • JJofWA
    JJofWA Posts: 15
    Options
    Have you tried making headbands with pre-wrap? That's what my daughter's soccer team does, and they stay in place throughout a match.
  • _imperfextionisbeauty_
    _imperfextionisbeauty_ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    If you use the hard plastic/metal ones run a squiggle of hot glue gun glue or silicon sealer underneath and wait for it to dry. The soft glue/silicon helps to grip your hair.

you can try this one the fabric ones too but do dots instead of wiggly lines.
    love it! Thanks!
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    lulu lemon's headbands are good
  • janellyf
    janellyf Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my first Bolder band last month. Several of my friends have ordered them, too. If you buy the right size (make sure you get it small enough) and open it up to the wide width, it does stay on and not slip. I have run miles and miles on really hot days and not had a problem.

http://www.bbolder.com
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I use ones that have a silicone grip strip on the inside.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I wear headbands all the time. I get cloth ones from the drugstore. I have thinner ones, and thicker ones. I don't have bangs, though. I just brush my hair back, put it on carefully, so it is behind my ears, but close to my forehead a bit (not too far back). It stays on for me. It used to slip off, but now doesn't. I even perform dance in them. I love headbands.
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    totally thought it said husbands when I first glanced at it lmao
  • jesse1117
    jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My solution is to put my ponytail at the nape of my neck, instead of high up (then do that fold-the-ponytail-in-half thing). Then I put on two headbands: one lower on the front of my head, almost to my forehead, and then another on top of that further back which is actually doing the "heavy lifting." I can't use the ones with the silicone lining, my hair is really fine and gets broken when I pull them out, which causes more flyaways.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I've tried them all and come to the conclusion that it's the shape of my head that is the problem.
    this and silky hair
  • calm35
    calm35 Posts: 2
    Options
  • lizmariehill20
    lizmariehill20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So yes, this is my company, but... I started making these for myself long before I started selling them. For most people they don't slip plus they are adjustable (and really fun colors and patterns)
    Http://www.arosesosweet.etsy.com
    Instagram: @arosesosweetdesigns
  • Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Lots of wide headbands that don't slip.
    Www.stores.ebay.com/inmofitness