Quest candy bars.

Options
dbmata
dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
Those things any good? Looks like a 1:1 protein to carb ratio.

How is the taste? Digestability? Looking at these right now.
http://www.questnutrition.com/protein-bars/cookies-and-cream/?type=box

Replies

• brendahurtt
    Options
    I have never had those, I eat pure protein bars. they taste like snickers have 20 gm protein and 190 calories, I put it in the fridge and when I get munchy I take a bite. not eating the whole bar at once and sometimes not a whole bar a day.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are not candy bars, they are high quality protein bars. Most taste delicious.
  • bloodofareptile
    bloodofareptile Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I find the flavors a bit hit and miss - I like some way more than others. There's a few I wouldn't eat again but most are palatable.

My favorite three are cookies & creme, chocolate chip cookie dough, and white chocolate raspberry.

And yeah, they are definitely not candy bars. They definitely help me meet my protein and fat goals.
  • lightmouse
    lightmouse Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for the chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bar, I would probably have gone insane a long time ago trying to cut out junk. They are amazing.
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Great Protein bars. Cookies & cream and White chocolate raspberry are my favorites.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I find the flavors a bit hit and miss - I like some way more than others. There's a few I wouldn't eat again but most are palatable.

My favorite three are cookies & creme, chocolate chip cookie dough, and white chocolate raspberry.

And yeah, they are definitely not candy bars. They definitely help me meet my protein and fat goals.

Those seem to be the top three best Quest bars. I can't get enough of them!! The Apple pie flavour is also good. Before I started eating these I NEVER hit my protein goal. Much easier now, and delicious too! I introduced the Raspberry White Chocolate to my bf last weekend and he looooved it.
  • MaidensAndMonsters
    Options
    If it wasn't for the chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bar, I would probably have gone insane a long time ago trying to cut out junk. They are amazing.

I agree! The macros are fantastic and provide a great lunch replacement when I'm on the run. They taste like "cheating".
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Taste great, but expensive.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I'll pick a few up then, I tend to avoid protein bars, because most are just candy bars. From a few of my recent workouts though, I can use a little bit extra fuel and I'd rather not eat a snickers or a gu. The carb count is ridiculously high on them, but that is an excellent protein count.

So the flavors worth trying are:
    Cookies and Cream
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

How is the peanut butter? I'm not a fan of raspberry.
    I see Apple Pie mentioned too, which would be good if I had a little cheddar...

ETA - and thanks for the commentary.
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    So the flavors worth trying are:
    All of them are worth trying. Get a sampler box of 12 to find which ones you like.

http://www.questnutrition.com/protein-bars/12-flavor-sampler-pack/
  • dbmata
    Options
    I'll be honest, there is a GNC next to a starbucks I frequent, there's a sale going, I'll just hit them up. If there is a sampler, cool. I'm made in the shade. IF there isn't though. The questions. :)
  • atiral
    atiral Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You will definitely have to try each flavor for yourself. Some of the ones people love other people hate. I have tried them all except the lemon one. Coconut cashew is pretty good sometimes and so is choc chip cookie dough, but I buy double chocolate chunk by the box! It's by far my favorite and only 160 calories. Some of the others are ok but I did not like apple pie at all or the raspberry very much.
  • dbmata
    Options
    holy moly. Double chocolate chunk?

That deserves an entire truffle shuffle.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

Is $2.49 really expensive?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few different flavors. Haven't found one that was very good yet.

They do have great macros though, but for the cost, I'll stick to other choices with similar macros at 30% of the cost.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Yes, when you can find other options for 1/2 the price or less.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I know people love them but I'm not a huge fan. Hard and chewy texture out of the wrapper. If you toast/bake it for a few minutes it it turns more like a cookie which I found more enjoyable, until it cooled and just tasted odd...the flavors are good but the texture just doesn't do it for me. I wish I liked them.

I'd rather sacrifice a few grams of protein and eat a bar that really is like candy :laugh:
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've been a big fan of them for sometime: My favorite two are the Double Chocolate Chun, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. The Cookies and Cream one is hit or miss for me. I had it a few times and sometimes it's great and sometimes it tastes to sugary/syrupy (if that's a word lol). I also like the Cinamon Roll one. They're actually really good warmed up a little bit. Quest actually has a recipe on their site to make "real" cinamon buns out of them on it's website. Never tried it but seems like they'd be yummy.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Compared to a Snickers bar and a serving of protein powder, yes...about double.