Where to start?

Options
lwcgrad
lwcgrad Posts: 13 Member
I need to lose like 165 to 185 pounds to be where I would love to be, but I know if I try to start changing everything all at once I will never stick to it.... and I know to make smaller goals.... I am about 345 right now and I would love to be down around 160-180.... I know that is a major change, but I would love to do it....

I have a job checking candy all day, but I really don't even find it appealing anymore... my biggest issue is fast food... I work 4 ten hour days and don't have a whole lot of awake time when im home....

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Use the time you have when you are home to meal prep. Prep for a week at a time… chicken, steak, ground beef, veggies, brown rice, sweet potatoes, etc.

Cook everything up and then weigh with a food scale and store in separate containers for the week. That way your food is ready when you are hungry and all you have to do is heat it up. This will keep you from turning to fast food.
  • Eselte
    Eselte Posts: 49
    Options
    One day at a time :)
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hi nice to meet you :) Congrats on coming here and the decision to lead a healthier lifestyle :) I work 4 ten hour days also :) On weekends or days off I make my meals for the whole week and freeze them that way I can grab and go and I know whats in it and I have no reason to stop for fast food :)
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    1 pound at a time.. Once you get started you may lose even more. But don't try to lose more than 2 lbs per week. Even if it takes a long time it's good because that's how you want to do it. It's a matter of getting healthy and adapting a healthy lifestyle. It takes discipline but anyone can do it including you !! Just make up your mind that you are going to give it 100% and then do it.. Use the mfp guidelines and it will get you going on a great road. And like another mentioned, Food Prep is very important, especially for someone who eats a lot of fast food ! Put your mind to it and do it. Friends can also be beneficial to your success if you are serious ! You Can Do This !! If you are serious and want to add me as a friend, feel free to do so. You can even add me later after you've figured it out, your option !!
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Many people like to start out with huge life altering changes but find them impossible to maintain for very long. If you want to start simpler, easier - I would suggest just start logging first. Log what you eat - good or bad doesn't matter a lick. Just start logging. That's what I did - then I looked at what I logged and realized I could make it better. I kept to small changes. Some I've kept, some I let go, some I manage part of the time. Shoot, I've even taken a time out and not logged for 2 weeks. I just keep coming back and making small changes towards my loosely determined goals. I'm of the mind set not to make it too uncomfortable or complicated. It doesn't have to be, especially the first day. So my suggestion would be to start right where you are.

Friend me if you'd like - I'm supportive of most people regardless of their choices (I unfriend the anorexia crowd - we have differing goals and I'm afraid I'll cheer them on for losing weight when they shouldn't be). I'm good when you are ready to give up too - I've been there and know what it is so I can help then too!