ive done everything. no weight lost.. :(

Options
For the past 3 weeks I have been working out everday. 5days I go to the gym do 45 mins cardio. And about 20 on machines and trx. On other days I go to this bootcamp for an hour and it reallyy kicks my butt. Whenever im not at the gym if im home or working im doing something still.. like squats. Lunges.. trying to keep moving. I put myself on a 1200 calorie diet since I am right now 202 lbs... usually I go to bed with 500-700 caloroes remaining. I stopped drinking soda and or any kind of drinks that are NOT water. But no weight lost. Its frustrating. Can someone please help me. Ive done the It Worls Wraps.. the pills. Hydroxycut. I do herbalife so 2 of my meals are protein shakes. I even do the weight loss teas. Im sooo confused and dumbfounded. If u guys can give me help here or email me that would be awesome.

Replies

• y00b0y
    y00b0y Posts: 5
    Options
    Eat proper food and cut the herbalife. Get your veggies, whole grains, legumes, proteins and essential fats. And eat more than 1200 calories.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It didn't take you 3 weeks to get to 200lbs, it won't take 3 weeks to get it off....
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    For the past 3 weeks I have been working out everday. 5days I go to the gym do 45 mins cardio. And about 20 on machines and trx. On other days I go to this bootcamp for an hour and it reallyy kicks my butt. Whenever im not at the gym if im home or working im doing something still.. like squats. Lunges.. trying to keep moving. I put myself on a 1200 calorie diet since I am right now 202 lbs... usually I go to bed with 500-700 caloroes remaining. I stopped drinking soda and or any kind of drinks that are NOT water. But no weight lost. Its frustrating. Can someone please help me. Ive done the It Worls Wraps.. the pills. Hydroxycut. I do herbalife so 2 of my meals are protein shakes. I even do the weight loss teas. Im sooo confused and dumbfounded. If u guys can give me help here or email me that would be awesome. Dcastro2426@gmail.com

I looked at your journal.

Exercise is great. But I already see a problem. Mcdonalds is what I would call a "bad choice" for any healthy meal. Most people tend to over-estimate how many calories they burn exercising anyways. Mcdonalds is all sugar and refined carbs - worst thing you can choose.

Secondly, you need to be weighing and recording everything you eat. Additionally, I would attempt to eat breakfast at home or at least choose something which is high in healthy proteins and fats. Spread your calories out throughout the day. Lots of protein, fats, and (if you eat carbs) healthy grains.

Everyone has different philosophy towards weight loss. But you need to eat the proper amount of calories. 1200 for what I assume is a healthy male is way to low. You should perform the calculation required to find your target kcal count for your level of activity, weight, and height. A 500 calorie deficit is safe and reasonable. It will generally create a 1lb loss per week for most people.

I would also cut out the stupid teas and pills. They can be incredibly dangerous since they contain compounds which are not FDA approved. Remember all weight loss takes time and there is no "instant results."
  • FatPanda93
    Options
    edited because I realized I had nothing better to add.
  • dianesheart88
    dianesheart88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    The only thing you need for weight loss is self-control, accountability and a positive mind. Not Hydroxycut. Here's my thoughts... first you must be consistent weighing proper portions and logging your food. Your diary shows inconsistency and too many times eating the wrong foods. I would recommend eating a more plant based diet with protein. Also, if you are eating 1200 or as you stated less 500-700 calories than that, you are not eating nearly enough food for your body needs. You body is probably holding onto every thing you put in it. Not too mention if you are working out so hard your body is retaining water to repair your muscles. I recommend using a site like this one to determine your daily calorie goal or like http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Do only what you can commit to doing for the rest of your life. If you can drink Herbalife forever go for it... I certainly couldn't. Changing your lifestyle and habits will change your weight forever... just adding herbalife or hydroxycut will change it temporarily.

Good luck and I am sure you'll get lots of great advice.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Good lord--if you are that active you certainly need to be eating more than what you are. You have about 600 calories left at the end of the day and your goal is 1200? Keep up the activity (you could even cut back some on that actually) but I would definitely eat more real food, not Herbalife shakes or take quick short cuts with pills and such. Bad idea.

Or more succinctly, this:
    Eat proper food and cut the herbalife bull****. Get your veggies, whole grains, legumes, proteins and essential fats. And eat more than 1200 calories.
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Can you please clarify something? If you're on a 1200 calorie diet (which is already very low for someone your weight) and you end the day with 500 leftover, are you eating 700 calories a day?
  • tinwaleet
    tinwaleet Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Logging everyday has helped me a lot. I usually prelog what I am going to eat a d that allows me to make changes if I am going above my calories. Be careful also on the database some entries are wrong. I also use fitbit as I find that mfp tends to overestimate the calories used when exercising. And as everyone has said, it takes time, you can have weeks of plateau (which is hard) but weight loss is not linear and eventually it will work. Patience is important in this process. I hope it helps and good luck.
  • cherieamico73
    Options
    First of all, why did you put yourself on the 1,200 calorie range? I was 205 last week (Sunday) and started doing the 21 day Fix program along with my GNC Lean Shakes. I cut all soda, any fast foods, any kind of processed boxed crap, and I make sure to drink at least 8/8oz of water each day. Also, PORTIONS sizes are big thing. Make sure you are careful with sizing! Some people think if it's good for you, like lets say yogurt, I can eat a huge bowl! No!! You still need to watch portions even with good food! The 21 day fix program has me eating 1,800 calories a day based on my weight etc-also gives you containers for right portions.. I first thought 1,200 calories for me as well, because I was thinking the lower the calories the more weight I would lose and the faster I would lose it! I guess that is wrong. When you eat too few calories your body will actually do the opposite and either just maintain, or gain! So first you really need to try and figure out how many calories a day you need. Second, I made the mistake a few years back going all gung-ho on weight loss. I joined the gym, and went crazy with cardio. When it came time for me to get my weigh in and measurements I was so excited because I knew I lost like 20 pounds, but the trainer informed me, I way over did the cardio, therefore burned good lean mass instead of fat off my body!! So with that said, make sure you get a good balance of cardio, and strength training. And you don't need to work out constantly. Your body does require rest as well for healing. So far in one week, I lost 6 pounds. I really didn't start the 21 day fix program until Friday, because was waiting for it in the mail. But last Sunday I decided I had enough of my weight and don't enjoy the fact I out weigh my husband. He is 195 and I was 205! When we first met I was 120! Good luck and I hope my advice helped a little.
  • ZaCkOX
    ZaCkOX Posts: 115
    Options
    For the past 3 weeks I have been working out everday. 5days I go to the gym do 45 mins cardio. And about 20 on machines and trx. On other days I go to this bootcamp for an hour and it reallyy kicks my butt. Whenever im not at the gym if im home or working im doing something still.. like squats. Lunges.. trying to keep moving. I put myself on a 1200 calorie diet since I am right now 202 lbs... usually I go to bed with 500-700 caloroes remaining. I stopped drinking soda and or any kind of drinks that are NOT water. But no weight lost. Its frustrating. Can someone please help me. Ive done the It Worls Wraps.. the pills. Hydroxycut. I do herbalife so 2 of my meals are protein shakes. I even do the weight loss teas. Im sooo confused and dumbfounded. If u guys can give me help here or email me that would be awesome.

Stop with the pills, protein shakes, and any other bad stuff you eat. You need to look at your intake and your actual routine. You workout everyday? It says 5 days? I'll tell you what I do, practically EVERY SINGLE DAY and I spend hours a day.

Natural building works without all the other stuff.
  • madxprofessor
    madxprofessor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You are starving yourself, NOT GOOD, your body holds on to eveything you give it becuase your basically in ketosis, 1200 calories is what a 7 year old should be eating....
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    How old are you? How tall are you? are you consistently logging everything that you are eating? where did you get 1200 calories a day from? how are you measuring your burn during exercise?
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Believe what these people are saying metabolic adaptation seems to be a very real phenomena. i have been eating 1500 below my tdee for about 6 months which put me just a tiny amount below my bmr. I was sure I was doing just fine and really I was. the diet was a little unhealthy ... as apposed to a total starvation vlcd which is what you are doing.

However this week I upped my calories to 2.5k taking me above my bmr and bringing my deficit to 1000.

I will likely break my weekly weight loss record this week because my metabolism is working properly now.

Now if a slightly unhealthy diet can do that to me just imagine what yours is doing to you hmm?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

I see a lot of blank days in your food diary. I also see a lot of processed food… McDonald's, Subway, Papa John's. I see few to no veggies and fruits.

Your problems are:
    a) You aren't logging consistently
    b) It doesn't look like you use a food scale so you are likely eating more than you think you are
    c) You eat out frequently
    d) You don't eat a lot of fruits and veggies

2 of your meals should NOT be shakes. This is not sustainable. You need to ditch the Herbalife, the wraps, the pills, the weight loss teas, and eat real food.

You say you eat 1200 calories but have 500-700 cals remaining for the day… so you only eat 500-700 cals a day. Your NET calorie intake should be 1200. NO LESS.

How do you determine how many calories you burn during your workouts? Do you depend on MFP exercise database, the machine, or a heart rate monitor? If you aren't using a heart rate monitor with a chest strap, you are likely overestimating calories burned through exercise. MFP and exercise machines significantly overestimate calories burned.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You are starving yourself, NOT GOOD, your body holds on to eveything you give it becuase your basically in ketosis, 1200 calories is what a 7 year old should be eating....

Starvation mode does not exist.

OP, you aren't logging consistently since there are several blank days. That's the first problem. Also, do you weigh/measure everything? If not, you really don't know if you're in a deficit or not.
  • tawnywest
    tawnywest Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    A brief look at your food diary showed your food choices may be high in sodium and that may be causing you to retain a lot of fluid. And with take out food it's hard to know exactly how many calories you are taking in. The best advise I've gotten here is to be patient and persistent and you will be successful.