Running Hamstring injury and spin class

Options
Hi
I've hurt my right hamstring there's minimal swelling and no bruising I don't even think it's severe as a grade 1.
I went to the gym today and the consultant got me immediate on the cross trainer and also doing squats, strength exercises of the leg etc even though I emphasized my leg so he understood.
It hasn't made it worse and I'm going to a spin class as he said that I could spin and us the cross trainer with a week off running.
My question and sorry it's so long is will my hamstring actually get better while still doing exercise a lot of the internet says with hamstrings do nothing until can't feel anything at all do complete rest, will my hamstring get better of I'm still using it?
Please help!!

Replies

• chic245
    chic245 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think what you are doing is helping some...spin shouldn't hurt unless there is too much tension and squats with light weight are in the same category...consider it a type of short term rehab. I actually tore both of mine in a race years ago and that took a month to heal.
  • Bumblebee1994
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply it's really helpful, just to check even though I have a little occasional pain when walking my leg can still get better if I spin?
  • chic245
    chic245 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't feel straining or tightening I think it is ok