When?

jptyler
jptyler Posts: 3
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Ok gang, I'm going to ask what I'm sure is a very silly question to most of you... but bear with me. I've got to know. Will my body get used to this new amount of calories, or is being hungry most of the time just my new way of life?

Replies

• staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    took me a couple of days after i first started but i still get the odd day when i feel like that only been on here since the start of jan though x
  • It wont last long...Theres somedays now that I feel so full that 1200 calories is a bit of an effort to eat. Hang in there :)
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Ok gang, I'm going to ask what I'm sure is a very silly question to most of you... but bear with me. I've got to know. Will my body get used to this new amount of calories, or is being hungry most of the time just my new way of life?

How many calories exactly are you eating? More proteins and less carbs will make you less hungry. Quality protein ad quality carbs like lean meats,chicken, fish, etc.. Quality carbs: 100 Whole Wheat, Whole Grains, Oatmeal..

You shouldn't be so hungry and not eating less than 1,200 cals per day.
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Yes you'll get used to it... and when your body does too, then you might hit a plateau... that's why you have to throw in a "cheat day" every once in a while to fool your body into thinking its not going to get the same amount of calories each day.
  • you and your body will get used to it, more importantly you will learn to eat so that you don't get hungry all the time. it about finding a way to change not just how much you put in your mouth, but what you put in it.
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Hi

Drink lots of water. Sometimes I think I'm hungry when actually all I need is to drink some water. If you are still hungry half an hour after a cup of water, half a small piece of fruit or some raw veg to tide you over. It does get easier with time.

C
  • Let me tell you I used to binge eat what I wanted, when I wanted and I loooooved to eat! I agree with Staceyb after the first couple of days or a week even you will start to notice the change! When you do you will feel awesome it just kinda happens! Remember it's a calorie counter so you can just change what you eat instead of portions if that's the way you choose to approach it. Find stuff you can eat a lot of (that you like) and foods you can use as filler throughout the day. I now am hooked on Quaker white cheddar flavored rice cakes! I know people hear "rice cakes" and think bland, These are like eating white cheddar popcorn and they are only 45 calories per cake! These are a life saver for me as a filler food. I eat tuna on them and tuna/salsa mix sounds gross but, it is like a chipolte tuna salad. I also use a lot of egg beaters (1/4 cup per 30 calories) and mix in mushrooms and green peppers and cheese! Healthy and a huge portion for a meal! Hope this helps and good luck with your progress in losing your desired weight! -Jay

SW=209 1/3/11
    CW=198 1/18/11
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    I'm supposed to eat 1600kcal/day. The first week or so I was over every. single. day. Probably about 1900-2100kcal/day. It was a little sad, but the first step is awareness. Now I was paying attention and starting to make better choices. I started picking several things I could eat for a 500 calorie meal vs. one small, not really satisifying thing.

Oh and I started drinking a lot of water - like 12 cups a day. I learned that every time I was hungry to drink a glass of water. It definitely helped me - esp because sometimes it turned out I was truly just thirsty, or even just bored - not really hungry.

By the second week (and I'm just starting my third, so take this all with a grain of salt), I was eating at or under my calories for the day and the headaches starting to go away (but I think that was caffiene withdrawal from pop). The only exception is the day I ate out. But hey, things are getting better and they will for you too!

Have patience with yourself and you'll begin to learn what's real hunger and what isn't/
  • Wow! Y'all are quick :smile:
    I'm shooting for 1200 a day, though most days I'm under by a bit. I'm just getting used to counting and paying attention to portion size. I haven't quite gotten to the good carbs, good protiens part yet, and I don't eat much bread at all. I guess it's time to tweak the actual foods, not just the portion and count. I'm not usually STARVING hungry all day, just always seem to have a little rumble in my tummy. I want to do this the right way, I just worry about getting discouraged.
  • As long as you are picking filling choices (Whole grain pasta, lots and lots of veggies, lots of water, low fat "dairy") it wont take long at all. I still get hungry sometimes, like right now, I chose to have a latte with my breakfast, delicious, but not so filling. I've been doing this for about 3 months and each day is different and some days you just want to throw up your hands and eat a bag of doritos. Once you start to eat the right foods for your metabolism you'll know it and it won't be a big deal at all.

1111156.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Wow! Y'all are quick :smile:
    I'm shooting for 1200 a day, though most days I'm under by a bit. I'm just getting used to counting and paying attention to portion size. I haven't quite gotten to the good carbs, good protiens part yet, and I don't eat much bread at all. I guess it's time to tweak the actual foods, not just the portion and count. I'm not usually STARVING hungry all day, just always seem to have a little rumble in my tummy. I want to do this the right way, I just worry about getting discouraged.

Yes, food choices make a huge difference on how hungry you feel and how much energy you feel every day.

The right choices in foods can help fuel your workouts, so you don't feel like you lack energy or are about to pass out when you workout.

You can check out my food diary for ideas.

But food staples in my house are:

Whole Wheat Pasta
    100% Whole Wheat bread
    Old Fashion Oatmeal (not the instant or the one that has addes sugars)
    Brown Rice
    Frozen Veggies
    Skim Milk
    Crystal Light powder mix
    Red Potatoes
    Whole Wheat Pancake Mix
    Sugar Free Syrup

Proteiins
    Chicken Breast
    Pork Tenderloin
    Tilapia, Swai or Salmon
    Turkey Ground or Turkey Breast ground