Weigh - In's?????

Options
How often should you weigh yourself to track progress?????

Replies

• melindapipkin
    Options
    i weigh myself once a week usually on mondays
  • cableguy1177
    Options
    I weigh in every time I hit the gym... almost every day. It's not ideal as you won't see progress every day. You have to remind yourself that it takes time.
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I bought a scale last week and I have been weighing myself everyday 4 or 5 times a day:( but I only count it once a week. Last week was Wednesday and this week was today:)
  • crobertson1916
    Options
    You can weigh yourself as much as you want, however, your weight has a tendency to fluctuate on a day-to-day basis (which can be discouraging at times). My advice would be to weigh in once a week, early in the morning - before you start consuming anything and after you have gone to the bathroom (sorry if TMI).
  • mporter44
    Options
    I know it's horrible but I weigh myself everyday!! It's the only thing I can justify going to bed hungry and waking up and see'ing progress!! Haha..terrible I know!! But it's kept me on the bandwagon!

6 lbs in 13 days!
  • kickchick
    kickchick Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think that's a personal decision...I weigh daily but some people prefer weekly or monthly. Whatever motivates you and keeps you positive!
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Once per week. Choose the same day, same time of day. I do it on Saturday - first thing in the morning...after using the restroom and before eating, drinking, showering, exercising. And do it naked (if at all possible). I choose to do it on Saturday morning because Saturday and Sunday are the days I usually do the worst for counting calories - so I figure I weigh in before my cheat days and I'm good to go. If I follow my calorie goal Mon-Fri and don't go TOO overboard on the weekends, I almost always see the scale drop 1 to 2 pounds on my weigh in Saturday morning. I would reccomend not weighing more than the once per week unless your mind works in a way to see the bigger picture. Your weight fluctuates so much day to day (I have heard up to +/-2 lbs) so the less you weigh, the more likely you are to see the difference. Good luck!
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    I weigh myself every day - which can be hard when you eat a lot of salt one day and then the next day the scale says you gained 4 lbs!!! It helps keep me knowing what's going on with me.
    I usually weigh in on MFP on Tues or Wed AM and on Sat AM>
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I started off weighing in every day, but realized that fluctuation would bother me. So I've switched to once a week.
  • beckijtn
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments. I was weighing in every day but my boyfriend has BEGGED me not to do that, as it is discouraging some days and other days completely misleading. I think I'm going to do once a week and try that.