What is a mans excuse?.......

Options
I have heard men heckling or making fun of women a lot (it has happened to me) for their post pregnancy bodies......They have NO CLUE what WOMENS bodies HAVE TO GO THROUGH.....menstrual cycles, pregnancy and your body being distorted like you swallowed a dump truck, child birth, nursing, trying to get back to pre-pregnancy weight while taking care of new baby, home and other little ones....I would LOVE TO KNOW what their EXCUSE is for gaining weight in their STOMACH AND HAVING BIG OLD BEER GUTS?

Replies

• JoeCampbell85
    Options
    Because food taste good.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you-mad-bro-61550819443.jpeg
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I have heard men heckling or making fun of women a lot (it has happened to me) for their post pregnancy bodies......They have NO CLUE what WOMENS bodies HAVE TO GO THROUGH.....menstrual cycles, pregnancy and your body being distorted like you swallowed a dump truck, child birth, nursing, trying to get back to pre-pregnancy weight while taking care of new baby, home and other little ones....I would LOVE TO KNOW what their EXCUSE is for gaining weight in their STOMACH AND HAVING BIG OLD BEER GUTS?

They eat more than they move. They are emotional eaters. They have medical issues (broken bones, metabolic). <Enter reason here>.

Why do you care why they've gained weight. You focus on you. And you need to hang around different men if you have "a lot" of them making fun of your post pregnancy body.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    "Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person." That's the excuse for the men, that's the excuse for the women.

Are you willing to accept excuses for either gender? If so, why? If not, why not?
  • dotcomee
    dotcomee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE TO KNOW what their EXCUSE is for gaining weight in their STOMACH AND HAVING BIG OLD BEER GUTS?

We have to put up with you women. :flowerforyou:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

First - way to lash out at all men and insult them based on a few men you've come across.

Second - there are women that make just as much fun of men and other women so maybe stop taking things so personally and letting every little thing bother you?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options

I gained about 60lbs when I was pregnant and my partner gained 45lbs of so-called 'sympathy' weight.

He teased me and put me down over my weight gain (I was underweight when I got pregnant so was about 10lbs over my ideal BMI post partum). I lost all mine in a few months. He didn't. That shut him up very quickly.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You need better people in your life.
  • GraceCamD
    GraceCamD Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Yep sure am When I was a soldier going through pregnancy and childbirth and then made fun of by some slob that just drinks beer....LOL
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Yep sure am When I was a soldier going through pregnancy and childbirth and then made fun of by some slob that just drinks beer....LOL

And that one man means that all men act that way?

/le sigh
  • GraceCamD
    Options
    Because food taste good.

LOL......that's totally fine I don't begrudge men food ......Just the one's that go around ripping on women that have had three or more babies and they have a big ol' belly :D
  • JoeCampbell85
    Options
    Who cares if it was a guy or girl making fun of you. I've known many of women who made fun of the size of post-pregnancy women. Not every woman becomes overweight after pregnancy and I've also know several women who use pregnancy as an excuse to being overweight months and years later. Who cares.

Walking around with a chip on your shoulder is no way to live.
  • GraceCamD
    Options

I gained about 60lbs when I was pregnant and my partner gained 45lbs of so-called 'sympathy' weight.

He teased me and put me down over my weight gain (I was underweight when I got pregnant so was about 10lbs over my ideal BMI post partum). I lost all mine in a few months. He didn't. That shut him up very quickly.

:D
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

So because of your experience you decide to come on the forum and bash all the mens with your pointless rant. Got it.
  • JoeCampbell85
    Options

So because of your experience you decide to come on the forum and bash all the mens with your pointless rant. Got it.

Right? In before the "I need feminism because..." post.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

that's one guy, sis. screw him. no reason to blame all men for one turdbucket.

maybe you should have just put itching powder in his undies and bed?
  • GraceCamD
    Options
    You guys are probably right I am just thinking/speaking from my experiences of having someones baby for them and have them insult the way I look and tell me no one is gonna want me after having THEIR CHILD and me putting my body through that for them and our baby , and then to see them with a big old beer gut.....
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I've never experienced it. Not while pregnant and not after having kids. I didn't get negative comments when I was fat and I don't get them now. I have stretch marks and loose skin, but guys really don't seem to care. It sucks that you had a negative experience with one guy or even a few guys. I wouldn't even say most guys are like that. You had issues with some random jerks. Some. Don't let those experiences cause issues with the people you meet going forward by generalizing that all men do it.
This discussion has been closed.