Why does other guys do this?

Options
'so i sat down behind a couple on the buss today. when i sat down they stopped talking straight away. And the girl kinda looked behind her with her eyes. The guy kept looking at me even tho i never look at him once. I saw it in the side of my eyes.. After some time he slapped the girls leg and hold hes arm around her. then pulled her towards him. She dident like it since she just moved out of hes arms and away from him.. It felt awkward.. It felt like this guy got intimidated by me. Was really awkward even tho i never looked at any of them once. I just looked out of the window.. Cuz the guy kept looking at me.. So awkward.

What is this??

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    he was asserting his alpha male status

jk, probably just really insecure, or they were talking about something personal that they didnt want you to hear

or were they the only other people on the bus when you sat directly behind them? i can see how that would come off as creepy
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Possibly a situation was going down that you just walked into and interrupted. Maybe he was trying to politely tell you that they needed a bit more privacy at that moment? You possibly just walked in on them having a small fight or something.

I'm not trying to be offensive here but "intimidating" is just not a word I would use to describe you from looking at your profile pic.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    one thing i've learned during my many years on this planet is that 99% of the things i might at first think were about me (especially those involving strangers) weren't really about me at all.

anyway, they were probably having some NSFP private conversation and you sitting behind them messed up the flow
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Cuz the guy kept looking at me.. So awkward.

What is this??

Homosexuality probably. It's more common than you think. Perhaps he liked you.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Im confused. If you never looked at them once, how do you know that the guy kept looking at you??

ETA: nm....just re-read. Saw it in the side of your eyes. Gotcha!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Unless you hit her in the head with your wedding tackle in the process of sitting down, more than likely they were talking about something private.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    You mean: Why do guys think that people are looking at them and that the behavior of other people is because of their presence?

Narcissism.

They didn't notice you, didn't care you were around, and you didn't exist to them. Accept that this is the case with everyone else in the world other than yourself, and move on.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Seems insecure. I would have sat right next to the girl and start a conversation just to troll.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Be honest...what did you do to cause this reaction?

clownbus.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I must be reading this really differently because I imagine it like the couple is also very young, teens or 21 like the OP, and the guy is like "This is MY WOMAN" kinda attitude and being a weird jealous jerk and thinking that the OP is kind of a threat...like that his girl will find OP attractive and go sit with him...seriously that's what I picture, even though it's ridiculous. I don't see why else the guy would have acted the way he did and kept staring at OP.
  • linsdog
    linsdog Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    one thing i've learned during my many years on this planet is that 99% of the things i might at first think were about me (especially those involving strangers) weren't really about me at all.

anyway, they were probably having some NSFP private conversation and you sitting behind them messed up the flow

^^This
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    :yawn:

ETA: Motivation and Support forum? Really?
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You sure it wasn't Taylor Lautner?
  • arfuss
    arfuss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I saw first in the back of the buss.. With two people sitting next to me in the 3 seat row in the back of teh buss. then the two seater got free and i wanted to space for my shoulders.. So i sat down.. This guy with the woman turned hes head around and looked at me for 1-4 seconds then turned back..
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look like shark boy of course he was insecure!!!
  • Hammybone
    Hammybone Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's love, bro. It's love.

Or,
    The man thought that you all met each other previous to this encounter and he was using eye contact to affirm his suspicions, or, pending reciprocation from you, to cue a friendly (unfriendly?) gesture.

Or,

That nice man didn't want you to feel guilty because you saw a pretty girl on the bus and was offering you his sincerest apologies, communicated via eye contact. He felt responsible because he suggested that they ride the bus in order to, "be the real-est" they can be, but really because he can no longer afford to fuel his vehicle.