STRESS!

Options
Has anyone ever felt that stress is holding them back from dropping? I cannot figure out why I am not. Food and workouts are on point!

Replies

• maddiepenko
    Options
    Hi!

Stress definitely has to do with not losing weight.

In short, stress from work or relationships triggers different hormones in your body that literally prevent your body from losing weight. It's an animal thing that our bodies use as a protection mechanism.

This is why weight loss is much more than diet & exercise. Long term weight loss is about maintaining the health of all areas of your life, including your career fulfillment, your relationships, food&exercise, and your spirituality.

Is there something in your life that constantly stresses you out? A terrible boss? maybe you are in a relationship and the same problem keeps coming up? maybe it's financial debt that is chronically in the back of your head?

Addressing these issues and developing stress management strategies might be the answer to losing weight for you :)

Hope this helps!
    xx Maddie
  • ZaCkOX
    ZaCkOX Posts: 115
    Options
    I agree with the stress part, I was depressed. You can read my story from my profile.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi!

In short, stress from work or relationships triggers different hormones in your body that literally prevent your body from losing weight. It's an animal thing that our bodies use as a protection mechanism.

This is why weight loss is much more than diet & exercise. Long term weight loss is about maintaining the health of all areas of your life, including your career fulfillment, your relationships, food&exercise, and your spirituality.

Is there something in your life that constantly stresses you out? A terrible boss? maybe you are in a relationship and the same problem keeps coming up? maybe it's financial debt that is chronically in the back of your head?

Addressing these issues and developing stress management strategies might be the answer to losing weight for you :)

Hope this helps!
    xx Maddie

yes, exactly!
    Stress is the main issue for weight gain. It contribute to weight gain in several ways. One of them is cortisol. When we are under stress, the fight or flight response is activated in our bodies, leading to the release of various hormones.
    When we are in stress we generally eat more this is called emotional eating. That means increased levels of cortisol can not only make you crave unhealthy food, but excess nervous energy can often cause you to eat more than you normally would.
    Hence, stress is the main reason for weight gain issue, therefore in my suggestion stay away from stress how much you can.
  • richlinehan1
    richlinehan1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    awesome info! a lot of the above..lol. My mom has been very ill for the last 2 years and is currently on life support so I think that has a lot to do with it. Plus I'm a business owner and that is always STRESS!! Ha. Thanks for replying
  • richlinehan1
    Options
    Thanks!!! Stress id definitely getting the best of me now
    Hi!

Hope this helps!
    xx Maddie

yes, exactly!
    Stress is the main issue for weight gain. It contribute to weight gain in several ways. One of them is cortisol. When we are under stress, the fight or flight response is activated in our bodies, leading to the release of various hormones.
    When we are in stress we generally eat more this is called emotional eating. That means increased levels of cortisol can not only make you crave unhealthy food, but excess nervous energy can often cause you to eat more than you normally would.
    Hence, stress is the main reason for weight gain issue, therefore in my suggestion stay away from stress how much you can.
  • richlinehan1
    Options
    :smile:
    Hi!

Hope this helps!
    xx Maddie
    [/quote]