Feeling like "screw it."

Options
Every once in a while like today I just feel like gorging down everything in site and not stopping. I feel like not caring about my weight anymore, not caring if I gain, and just eat whatever the hell I'd like and how much I'd like.

Anyone else feel like this sometimes?

Replies

• McCluskey1128
    McCluskey1128 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    All the time.

Try to make sure that you're not so strict in everyday life that you get these feelings of binge eating. I've found that if I am too careful about everything that I'm eating that I will go completely hay wire at some point. But, if I give myself a little wiggle room, those feelings happen much less frequently.
  • Nojoke81
    Nojoke81 Posts: 131
    Options
    Though I've never been a massive 'gorger' I do let myself go over on my cals once a fortnight for a day.

My wife says that allowing yourself treats is the only way to stay on track long-term. That's certainly the case for me.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Yes. And sometimes I do, but I make sure to keep logging everything I put in my mouth. That usually snaps me out of it in a day or two. :) And I haven't gained any weight because of it, thank goodness - probably because I still am holding myself accountable for my choices. PLUS, as I've gotten healthier, this has happened less often and when it does happen, it's been with 'healthier' food choices - though the past week or two has been a bit of a roller coaster for me. LOL! :flowerforyou:
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Yep... but I am pregnant and sick with an awful sinus infection/bronchitis. But yes, I want to say screw everything because I am too tired to care right now. :ohwell:
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I feel like that every single day. The trick is just to remember that it might feel good while eating, afterwards you'll feel awful mentally and physically.
  • Leana93412
    Leana93412 Posts: 162
    Options
    I do allow myself treats. But just feel sometimes like kicking the whole mindful of what I eat thing. Like completely. :ohwell:

I don't count anymore but I'm mindful. And that tires me out. Counting also tires me out. Meh. I feel like I just want to stop being mindful altogether.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    The trick is just to remember that it might feel good while eating, afterwards you'll feel awful mentally and physically.

THIS. I try to remind myself of this every time I think about giving up or just not logging.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Yep. Sometimes it's because I'm especially hungry, sometimes it's because I'm angry, and sometimes it's because I've been feeling deprived lately. If you're hungry, then maybe you should eat more, or focus on getting enough protein, fiber, and fat into your diet. If you're emotional, focus energy elsewhere. If you've been depriving yourself, remember that you're allowed to indulge, too. Work your favorites into your diet.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Just get through today.
  • Leana93412
    Options
    Work your favorites into your diet.

I'm having a peanutbutter and banana sandwhich for dinner... :tongue:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I do allow myself treats. But just feel sometimes like kicking the whole mindful of what I eat thing. Like completely. :ohwell:

I don't count anymore but I'm mindful. And that tires me out. Counting also tires me out. Meh. I feel like I just want to stop being mindful altogether.

Some days, you just want to take a break and eat. I believe in the occasional cheat day. It's not going to hurt you if you do it once in awhile.
  • ladybuglucy
    ladybuglucy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    every single day ...
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Those are the exact words that enter my head before a mini binge. Once my mind has uttered them, I am already at the point of no return. The best I can hope for is that the feeling is short lived, and the next morning, or even later that day, I get back on track. No shortage of opportunities to get back in control of your own destiny.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while like today I just feel like gorging down everything in site and not stopping. I feel like not caring about my weight anymore, not caring if I gain, and just eat whatever the hell I'd like and how much I'd like.

But why? Just no reason in particular?

ETA: Usually when I say F it, theres usually a reason. Reason = Excuse?
  • DonaldChadDavis
    DonaldChadDavis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I ate cake last night. Can't show a pick from instagram. It was pretty good.

[url]
    [/url]
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Just remember why you are doing this. Why you want to reach your goal? Then that answer read it ever single day. From there you will start to notice that it will not be hard to get through these cravings. IMO
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. Get thru today but log it. That may keep you from being truly outrageous. Try to pick something you desire not just any food and back tomorrow. We did not gain it all in a day and won't stop loosing because of a tough day
  • Leana93412
    Options

But why?

I don't know haha. You tell me. Me? Might be because I did this for all the wrong reasons from the beginning. I did it for other people and not for me. Even so, I do feel better about myself with my new look. It's very confusing. :ohwell:
  • Leana93412
    Options
    Those are the exact words that enter my head before a mini binge. Once my mind has uttered them, I am already at the point of no return. The best I can hope for is that the feeling is short lived, and the next morning, or even later that day, I get back on track. No shortage of opportunities to get back in control of your own destiny.

And I wanted to binge, but instead decided on making this post. Lol