Feeling like "screw it."

Options

Replies

• 8helli
    8helli Posts: 4
    Options
    Maybe you are building more muscle than you realize...muscle weighs more than fat and you look kinda buff in your profile pic!
  • 8helli
    8helli Posts: 4
    Options
    Just saying...not flirting. LOL
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I felt this way a lot this month, and gained four pounds for it.

But I'm really at peace with that.

I wanted treats.

I was busy and focused on other stuff (which wound up being wildly productive, not wasted.)

And I know what caused the gain (pizza, beer and ice cream! At least it was "worth it").

So I'm at peace with that my actions caused a gain.

Now I'll just get back on track.

That's life!

Everything ebbs and flows.

:wink:
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Even with allowing myself treats, working out and enjoying it most of the time, planning my macros, and being successful with it for years now, I still get that feeling of "screw it."

It usually happens when I have some other stress going on in my life. I'm not going to lie. I felt like this Saturday night. I took a long look in the mirror at my make-up free face, counted the wrinkles, looked at my nails that are kind of ragged from lifting weights and not fixing my manicure, looked at my hair that's always pulled in a ponytail and never fixed anymore, listened to the kids screaming about wanting ice cream for the fifteenth time in the day, ignored texts and phone calls from all the people who need something from me instead of wondering how I'm feeling, looked at the pile of laundry that's double what it used to be because I wear workout clothes everyday in addition to regular clothes, tried to remember the last time I did anything to pamper myself, tried to remember the last time I had a quiet hour to myself without interruption, etc., etc. I whined and complained and felt sorry for myself.

Then I came to the conclusion that everyone feels this way, pulled myself together and decided that giving up fitness would be giving up the ONLY thing I do for myself and myself alone.
  • voleyball27
    voleyball27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined My Fitness Pal a few days ago. I'm trying to see if a food diary will help me realize what I shouldn't be eating all the time. I have days like yours all the time. I hate sometimes always thinking about what I'm eating and the guilt after. I hope to find a better relationship with food so my mind doesn't think so much everyday about it.
  • Leana93412
    Leana93412 Posts: 162
    Options
    Even with allowing myself treats, working out and enjoying it most of the time, planning my macros, and being successful with it for years now, I still get that feeling of "screw it."

It usually happens when I have some other stress going on in my life. I'm not going to lie. I felt like this Saturday night. I took a long look in the mirror at my make-up free face, counted the wrinkles, looked at my nails that are kind of ragged from lifting weights and not fixing my manicure, looked at my hair that's always pulled in a ponytail and never fixed anymore, listened to the kids screaming about wanting ice cream for the fifteenth time in the day, ignored texts and phone calls from all the people who need something from me instead of wondering how I'm feeling, looked at the pile of laundry that's double what it used to be because I wear workout clothes everyday in addition to regular clothes, tried to remember the last time I did anything to pamper myself, tried to remember the last time I had a quiet hour to myself without interruption, etc., etc. I whined and complained and felt sorry for myself.

Then I came to the conclusion that everyone feels this way, pulled myself together and decided that giving up fitness would be giving up the ONLY thing I do for myself and myself alone.

Maybe I need to take care of myself better. Take some loooong bubbley baths. paint my nails. buy a book. These days all I'm focusing on is trying to eat right, study and gym. mmm.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Maybe I need to take care of myself better. Take some loooong bubbley baths. paint my nails. buy a book. These days all I'm focusing on is trying to eat right, study and gym. mmm.

Sometimes a little decompression provides a whole lot of relief.
  • Leana93412
    Options
    I guess some days I just feel like eating an entire tub of ice cream and not feeling an ounce of guilt for it. And those days happen to be every second or third day these days. I want to feed my inner child not my body :laugh:
  • jsissom86
    jsissom86 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I get that way too -- then I watch "Supersize VS Superskinny" (A UK show) and I snap out of it. B/c I don't want to die for something that simply tastes good...
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Not what I thought this thread would be about.

But I agree with the one who said work your favorites into your diet, it helps.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Yes same hear..sometimes it just gets old and you do just want to throw it away.

If your ok with a slight set back though it could be just what you need to recharge
  • bradlawryk
    Options
    I think it is only natural to feel that way. I felt that way for 15 years now I am paying for it and just started caring again a few days ago.

Things I have learned in the past when I was in shape ....

1: Set smaller goals and challenges within your main goal. I need to lose 65 pounds which feels to me like an impossible dream. But setting smaller daily or weekly goals/challenges seem so much easier to achieve and when you do achieve them the final goal seems so much closer.

2: I have a quote on my bedroom mirror that I can't help to see each morning when I wake up. It simply says "You will want to give up. Don't." No inspirational picture or anything, just black text on white paper.
  • DaveDeLange
    Options
    Just remember why you are doing this. Why you want to reach your goal? Then that answer read it ever single day. From there you will start to notice that it will not be hard to get through these cravings. IMO

Great advice - exactly this. If you're not focused on your goal it's rather easy to find excuses to "let go."

There's so many tasty and healthy foods to eat, so there's no excuse to binge on crap.
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while like today I just feel like gorging down everything in site and not stopping. I feel like not caring about my weight anymore, not caring if I gain, and just eat whatever the hell I'd like and how much I'd like.

Anyone else feel like this sometimes?

Yes. Most days.
    I took a 2 month break from logging my food, and it was really a stress relief for me. May not be for everyone but something to consider.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Just get through today.

Seiously, this is awesome advice. I find that if I can distract myself for today, tomorrow is always better. Good luck to you. :smile:
  • DeWitch
    DeWitch Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Every Other Day Diet
    Wonderful intermittent fasting/eating plan
    Fast Day = 500 calories - 1 meal lunch/brunch or dinner & 1 snack
    Feast Day = whatever you want to eat (within reason) I usually do 1500+/- calories
    I eat lots of healthy foods both days and I drink 8 to 10 glasses of water both days
    Have lost 15+/- pounds in 4 weeks

Oh yeah. I did 5:2 for a while. Sorry, blonde moment. :wink:

But yeah feast day > WITHIN REASON....< That's my problem. I don't want to eat within reason anymore. I want to eat what I want when I want and how much ever I want and not ever worry about staying within reason. So yeah. But hey. Reality check. Lol
    well that is very sad for you. I guess I must not have such a bad appetite since on a fast day I have had 3 slices of pan pizza (not one of my healthy foods but one that I LOVE) for one of my meals plus much more for the day AND I often have a good sized bowl of popcorn for a TV snack at night, even on my fast days and I still lose weight.
    I do try to keep my feast day > WITHIN REASON....< but that is because I am not close enough to my goal weight yet.
  • Leana93412
    Options

Haha curious to hear what you thought it was about then. :wink:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Sex?
  • Leana93412
    Options

Sex?

:laugh:
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Sex?

:laugh:
    Oh-You-GIFS-4.gif