You've Got Class

icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
Signing up for an exercise class is a great way to add variety to your weekly cardio routine. And let's face it — misery loves company, right? Sweating through all that cardio with companions can be a great motivator.
Just be sure that if it's a cardiovascular class, it involves a minimum of 45 minutes of activity and keeps your heart rate up. Go to your local gym or fitness center and see whether you can get in on one of these bad boys:

Spinning: Climb on the bike and pedal to motivational music and instruction. Spinning doesn't require a whole lot of coordination, and you can keep your own pace; in any case, it's a real calorie-burner.

Step: Start marching up and down to the beat of your step aerobics instructor. The stepping motion offers an extra boost to this cardio workout by adding another level of intensity.

Boot camp: This high-intensity workout will kick your butt — in a good way. It's a combination of cardio and strength training, and it works the whole body.

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Signing up for an exercise class is a great way to add variety to your weekly cardio routine. And let's face it — misery loves company, right? Sweating through all that cardio with companions can be a great motivator.
    Just be sure that if it's a cardiovascular class, it involves a minimum of 45 minutes of activity and keeps your heart rate up. Go to your local gym or fitness center and see whether you can get in on one of these bad boys:

Spinning: Climb on the bike and pedal to motivational music and instruction. Spinning doesn't require a whole lot of coordination, and you can keep your own pace; in any case, it's a real calorie-burner.

Step: Start marching up and down to the beat of your step aerobics instructor. The stepping motion offers an extra boost to this cardio workout by adding another level of intensity.

Boot camp: This high-intensity workout will kick your butt — in a good way. It's a combination of cardio and strength training, and it works the whole body.
  • racoon1
    racoon1 Posts: 78
    u can try dance too. a few of my friends and I are going to learn to salsa starting friday:wink:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Ha - I got that email from JillianMichaels.com too! :wink:

I starting taking classes when I started getting bored with the elliptical. :yawn: I still use it 1-2x/week, but now I have other stuff to do as well!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    I am ADDICTED to exercise classes. I mean, tonight I did two hours straight...step and then spinning...and I thought I was going to die because I did MMA for an hour last night after lifting, and I'm so sore. By myself, I would've stopped at 30 min., but when I'm with other people in a class, I get this competitiveness and I just can't control myself. I can barely move and I love it. :love: